International Falls & Koochiching County MN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcarlson56649

Can anyone who actually lives in my area tell me if any police/fire transmissions can be received here with digital scanners?

Local services switched over to digital a few years back. Since then nothing at all is received using analog VHF scanners.

Seems very few people here are into scanning, but the few I have talked with who have tried digital scanners claim they are totally useless here due to everything here being encrypted. All that anyone has been able to receive is just a little from adjoining St. Louis County.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
Koochiching County does not have much that has been submitted to Radio Reference for 800mhz. Like you said, it’s best to talk to someone with local knowledge. I don’t recall seeing anyone on here from Koochiching. If you have a Digital Scanner, I would use the International Falls Towersite and keep your Scanner in Wildcard or Search mode to pickup any Talkgroups that might pop up.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
If I were you I'd get an RTL stick and run Unitrunker, get two if you want to listen. That will quickly show you how much encryption there is and who is using it. And you're only out $20-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.