What is the cheapest bcd436hp/536hp you have purchased

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac0925

I recently bought a bcd536hp brand new in box for $60.00 from a store that sells returned and overstocked items from Wal-Mart, target, best buy etc. I want to know of the best deals you have gotten on these 2 yypes of scanners!

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The best price I have caught has been on Amazon last year before Christmas. $395.98 new for a BCD536HP and $351.20 new for a BCD436HP. Far from $60. That is a great deal for even a used radio. What is your source? Or were you planning on keeping that secret and just gloating. :)

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
I purchased my 436 in 2015 from a Radio Shack that was closing for $300. Last week I snagged a 536 from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $135.

yeg_scan

All I know is my 536HP is the worst scanner purchase I have ever made, next to my Whistler WS-1095.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Why? I just got one, and I'm completely satisfied with it.

yeg_scan

Both overload so badly that they are pretty much useless. But for this post .. I paid like near $800 for my 536HP.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I live about 1000 feet from a pager/cell tower, and have a ST-2 30 feet up with a clear line of sight to the tower, and have zero issues with overload with my 536 or my 436 when I connect it to the ST-2. Either you have a defective unit, or some other issue, such as intemod generated from corroded antenna/coax connections. The 536 is one of the more overload-resistant receivers out there, at least when it comes to scanners.

isaac0925

Yes bought mine on offerup as well from a lady who buys wholesale lots, she definitely diddnt know what she had. This is in las vegas, nv

SOFA_KING

Both overload so badly that they are pretty much useless. But for this post .. I paid like near $800 for my 536HP.

$800 ? :confused:

Maybe...if you live outside of the US. Otherwise, you got rooked, dude.

Some locations are so RF saturated that even the commercial equipment at the sites where this RF emits needs "extra filtering" And sometimes that doesn't always work, as thermal transmitter and power supply wideband noise can't always be filtered. But as "wide open front end" scanners go, Uniden has improved greatly. So has Whistler on the TRX series. If you know what is nailing your scanners, filtering it out with external RF filter solutions is sometimes the only thing that will solve extreme issues in dense RF areas.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.