McMinn County

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKolo

Anybody have any info on the new radios the Sheriff's Dept is trying out ? Portables are new and on a different frequency, Mobile radios are still on the old system, I dont think its the same system that Etowah switched to.

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
I know they have talkgroups on the TACN, some confirmed, some not. I know I've logged about 5 TGIDs for them, but couldn't confirm anything so I didnt submit them. Do you think it could be that or something else?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
In addition to the talkgroups added to the database, I have found 6012, 6013 in the McMinn County range. I went back to my notes where they were testing on the system a couple of years ago. If I get a chance in the near future, I'll ride down that way and see what I can confirm and report it back.

ccfire

Premium Subscriber
new to trunking if they go to 700 mhz how far from the repeater sites can they picked up? for example with a scanner and outdoor antenna i can here them good in tellico on vhf and uhf but don't know if the stars mtn site will reach that far or not

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
From 17 to 30 miles depending on various factors... Ant height, directional set up, weather, terrain...

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring McMinn County on TACN is going to be confusing for those who like to keep up with sites. Oswald Dome, Starr Mountain, and No Pone Mountain have overlapping control (or alternate control) channels. TRX-1, and presumably other scanners, rely upon control frequency to identify site.

Status
Not open for further replies.