• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

911ert

I ran into this recently and had a bit of an issue getting it cleared out. Any ideas why it happened?
b76eb2d1517aeb7b27e9da90f7bba087.jpg
5553b734f56bd754ff329e3120306fc9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cpetraglia

There have been a few here with that error message. We have appealed to Unication for an explanation with (To the best of my knowledge) no answers. Their is much speculation it is from trying to use Monitor Mode when their may be some PII TGs coming thru. I was in MM when it happened to me. Once I turned it off, it never happened again.

911ert

I believe I was monitoring as well when it popped up. That DVR button threw me a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

911ert

I had to do a reset as they indicated on the screen. Turning it off wouldn’t clear it. No clue what caused it but it hasn’t come back yet.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
My brand new G5 UHF just did this. Put the battery in the unit, charged it with the free desktop charger, programmed it up, then the third or fourth time the unit turned on I get this error message.

At the top of the screen right before the message popped up the unit flashed "Stopped Charging" even though it was not on the charger before I turned it on. Also it said "Charging Error (11)" or "Charging Error (22)" I can't remember.

Now it is showing the same error message as the picture in the first post.

It says press reset + DVR + play for 3 seconds to reset. I know the reset button is on top of the selector knob and the play key is the top button on the side of the pager. What is DVR?

I've had a G4 since 2016 and never had this on the G4.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Ok. I think the DVR key is the small button on the side of the unit. Pressed all 3 and reset the unit. So far so good.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
Once when I turned the unit on after it had been reset earlier I got the post-programming screen. It said Unication Digital Paging www.uni.com.tw with the little dots on the bottom of the screen. Same screen that shows up right after the unit is programmed. Then it works. Only happened once.

911ert

I have had communication from a tech at Unication and he said it is a known issue and the unit needs to be replaced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Week or so ago my G4 had this issue. Since i wasnt able to figure out the keys needed i did a battery pull.

Can someone confirm what the key sequence is for a soft reset?

L

Legend2010

Press the two side buttons and the top playback button for 4 seconds and the pager will do a a hard reboot.

911ert

I can tell you I was able to clear it. I was told by Unication it needs to be replaced. I had it swapped as it’s a known issue.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
So they think its a hardware issue?
I shut both my G4 off when go to bed at night. Turned both on this morning and 1 rebooted back to the unication screen and the other showed that message. And since i cant ever get they key combo right i did a battery pull.
Starting to think i should never turn them off. LOL

mdsxfire

EDBM
Does this happen randomly or when powering on or when left on for extended periods or just whenever. Just wondering if there is a specific issue it would do this. I thought I remember reading a post a little bit ago that stayed it might be a phase 2 transmission that somehow trips it?

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
only happens for me when i have had the units off over night.
I tested for a week by leaving them on and never had an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.