BCD536HP HELP NEEDED! Richmond/Henrioco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildrat6

I'm BRAND NEW and I don't know squat. I had Scanner Master set my unit. I'm getting VERY LITTLE traffic on Henrico and only slightly more on Hanover. Need to speak/chat with someone that can help before I give up and return it. Thanks. Lunch is on me - if you can help me out.. Short time span.

tchiles

Don't give up. I just got mine 2 days ago, I stopped at triple trucking years ago because of the difficulty in programing. I am old school. However, this scanner is the bomb! there's a learning curve. after adding the zip and loading FL info, holly cow, more than I needed. I found that lowing range to 3 and turning squelch up shut down most of the unwanted traffic. Make sure to update the firmware. I'm now learning how to set up favorites.
Oh ya,,,I grew up in Richmond and that is my first time using a scanner with crystals.

Last edited:

CPerk

I'm BRAND NEW and I don't know squat. I had Scanner Master set my unit. I'm getting VERY LITTLE traffic on Henrico and only slightly more on Hanover. Need to speak/chat with someone that can help before I give up and return it. Thanks. Lunch is on me - if you can help me out.. Short time span.

Hello,

I see your post on Henrico and I own the 436 and 536 both radios. I live in King William area. I have state, hanover , henrico and Richmond in my radio .I agree those radios very tense when I programmed but finally got to work.

troymail

Silent Key

Any luck? Still needing assistance?

Wildrat6

I purch. unit from scanner master and they programmed in Hanover Co, Henrico Co and Richmond, Va. It appears I'm getting Hanover and Richmond (albeit slow and I'm missing calls) but I'm not getting anything out of Henrico. That's my basic issue at present. Got any ideas? I'm open.

reconrider8

dont send it back what ever you do take time to learn how to use it it may be a few days to even a year before you fully learn it bit take your time and start small

Wildrat6

Thanks, but I'm gonna need more...

I'm NOT a technical person. Was hoping everything worked out of the box, but I understand. I need someone willing to meet and SHOW ME a cpl. of things Can't see keeping it and not getting much out of it. Thanks.

troymail

Silent Key
I'm NOT a technical person. Was hoping everything worked out of the box, but I understand. I need someone willing to meet and SHOW ME a cpl. of things Can't see keeping it and not getting much out of it. Thanks.

Can't meet with you but willing to help - also I could possibly remote in so we can work through it.

Wildrat6

Will the page allow you to...

Send me your email address and I can send you specifically what I need help in doing?
That would save a lot of time. Then you can decide if you want to help.
It's only a few things, but being able to pickup Henrico is the biggest thing.

Wildrat6

Given Up

Yeah. Just too much for me to over come. I appreciate your time and offer of assistance. It was a huge investment for me, and I'll lose some for the labor I paid for, but better to cut my losses now than to keep on. I believe I could have worked it out, if I'd found someone local that could have done a "hands on" thing and I'd seen what they were doing, but sobeit. Thanks again for your time. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.