BCD325P2 & BC125AT Rechargeable Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
I am looking for the original Rechargeable Batteries that came with the BCD325P2 and the BC125AT. I lost the original ones that came with the scanner(s), so i brought what seemed to be better rechargeable Batteries for the scanners but they are not working out. I have searched nearly everywhere to find the Original Rechargeable Batteries that came with the scanners but could not find them anywhere. I think the Rechargeable Batteries that came with the scanners are green and say GS 2300 on them. Thanks in advance.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
There's nothing special about the OEM batteries. Any decent rechargeable NiMH battery will work as well as or better than th OEM batteries. Sanyo Eneloops are good, as are Tenergy and several other brands. The key is having a good smart charger that properly charges the batteries.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
I am looking for the original Rechargeable Batteries that came with the BCD325P2 and the BC125AT. I lost the original ones that came with the scanner(s), so i brought what seemed to be better rechargeable Batteries for the scanners but they are not working out. I have searched nearly everywhere to find the Original Rechargeable Batteries that came with the scanners but could not find them anywhere. I think the Rechargeable Batteries that came with the scanners are green and say GS 2300 on them. Thanks in advance.
Not sure it matters. Friend had originals life of radio about 2 to 3 hours on full charge.

Thanks,
C.J
Sent from the Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

trp2525

Here they are on the Uniden website (Uniden part # BBTG0888001) but they are currently out-of-stock: BBTG0888001 AA 1.2V 1800 MAH Battery (3 batteries)

Attachments

• GP 2300 (Uniden BBTG0888001).jpg
    GP 2300 (Uniden BBTG0888001).jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 474

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Friend had originals life of radio about 2 to 3 hours on full charge.

That's a charger or defective battery problem. I get about 8 hours of battery life with a modded 436 that has an internal GPS installed, with Tenergy and Eneloop batteries.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
The original batteries that came with my BC125AT were terrible. They were so bad that I almost tossed the three that came with my 436 when I saw them (but they performed much better, luckily).

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
I use Duracell Rechargeable 2500 mAh Long Life ion core in all my handheld scanners with good performance. I can get 8 hours in my 436 and a lot longer with my 125AT.

trp2525

Attachments

• 4-pack-nimh-standard-rechargeable-battery.jpg
    4-pack-nimh-standard-rechargeable-battery.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 376

Scan125

Another point to mention is that the charging circuit on the 125 series of scanners is time based.

You can set from 1 to 14 hours (model dependant) charge time. Setting a low number means the batteries never get a full charge. Setting a high time means the batteries can be overcharged. To add to the problem every time the USB cable is plugged in and power sent to the scanner the charge timer resets and another 14 hour cycle beings.

When using the scanner as a base station then remember to remove the batteries and set the battery switch to Alkaline. Or you can leave the rechargeable batteries in and set the time to 1 hour. Only problem with doing this is that you may not have fully charged batteries when you want to venture our with your scanner.

AI6VX

That's a charger or defective battery problem. I get about 8 hours of battery life with a modded 436 that has an internal GPS installed, with Tenergy and Eneloop batteries.

BCD325P2 only takes 2 AA batteries. They don't last very long because of it.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
I just noticed a typo on the label of the Corun brand batteries my 436 came with... 230mAh from a 14 hour charge 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20180101_2339221~4.jpg
    IMG_20180101_2339221~4.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 303

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber

Especially if you need the volume above anything akin to a whisper.. I just keep mine plugged in at work..and if I can plug the headphone jack into my bluetooth speaker.

NS2F2018

So, is there any suggestion for recharging battery through internal charging circuit on the device rather than just set the charging time? Or better leave it in the designated external smart charger for the charging purposes? Thank you for the help..

MrRadio

It's not the number of batteries that determines the run time in the majority of battery powered electronics (because most are designed to draw current in a SERIES wiring configuration.

Most battery powered things run with the 2, or 3, 4, (or what ever number) cells in series. The voltage increases but capacity does not.

It's the capacity (or mAh) that determines run time. ie: a 2400mAh AA cell will give you 2x the duration (listening time) of a 1200mAh cell. There are other variables like volume setting, backlight that will change the run time.

I could go on, but instead will recommend: batteryuniversity.com

Last edited:

Ubbe

It could be a typo. When you quick charge some of the mA will go up in heat energy that needs to be compensated for with some more charge time.
1150mA x 2,2Hours = 2530mAH which is 10% energy loss in heat.

When slow charging there is no major heat being dissipated and most mA goes into the cells and normally you charge with 1/10 of the capacity for 10-11 hours.
230mA x 14 hours = 3220mAH which seems unreasonable for a 2300mAH battery.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.