Hillsborough County fire rescue Medevac Landing Zone Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

After some searching, I do believe I'd located the top group for landing Zone Ops. It is 04-043 let me know if you guys hear that too so I will send it into the database.

CanesFan95

I believe that's just plain old Tac 3 which may be used for any kind of incident including an LZ.

tampatracker

I have heard it being used consistently now five times now for LZ op's, so I'm putting it in as such in my scanner. I guess you can call it whatever you want. I realize it's already in the database already as tac 3, this is a newly added function.

jdebona

04-043 is definitely Tac 3. It is typically the first open group for fireground ops on the east side. They may talk about setting up an LZ, and the helicopter may try to reach them on Tac 3 if they can't on the LZ ops group, but I listen about 8 hours a day or so and have never heard it referred to as an official LZ ops talkgroup.

tampatracker

04-043 is definitely Tac 3. It is typically the first open group for fireground ops on the east side. They may talk about setting up an LZ, and the helicopter may try to reach them on Tac 3 if they can't on the LZ ops group, but I listen about 8 hours a day or so and have never heard it referred to as an official LZ ops talkgroup.

Ok, thanks, then do you happen to know what tg is used for LZ ops?

tampatracker

Yes but the thing is I make a point to listen to that when they're landing choppers and hear nothing. Have you heard anything on that?

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
I haven't monitored HCFR in several years. Maybe they gave up on that TG because of the Bradford County interference [that is no longer an issue].

Have you tried any of the 800Mhz mutual aid conventional channels? I know Pasco used to utilize (and probably still do) MA-FLA 854.6375 CTCSS 210.7 for their LZ ops.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Yes. 8TAC91 is a standard repeater pair with standard PL tone. 8TAC91D should be the DIRECT or talkaround of that pair. The talkaround is typically simplex on the output of the repeater with the same pl of the repeater. There are several reasons for this type of setup, some of which are probably obvious. TT

CanesFan95

Not really obvious, but I'm guessing in case they're out of range of a repeater or can't make it out the building.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Yes and yes. Also, if repeater fails, the guy who figures it out first can go to the talk around and tell everyone to go to talk around because the repeater failed. Additionally, Many forestry departments manage local fire ops on the talk around, which can still listen to the repeater in case of logistics/safety messages. TT

CanesFan95

Coincidence, hearing police activity on 8TAC93 852.5125 156.7 Hz repeater right now. Sounds like a DUI checkpoint type event, and something about a Winn-Dixie parking, but not sure where or what county.

CanesFan95

Lots of 10-50s and a large group of bikers at U. S. 19 and S. R. 54 Pasco County. Sounds like the Sheriff and FHP plus a dispatcher.

CanesFan95

Wow, now they're chasing a wrong-way driver in a stolen black SUV, lights and sirens, southbound on some road called Seven Springs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.