LAPD Harbor choppy audio on BCD536

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandpaFrank

I posted this question a couple of months back in the Uniden section and received "P25 threshold" replies but no one who answered my question had actually listened to lapd harbor. My question here is, Does anyone here monitor LAPD South B. Harbor with a Uniden BCD536HP? If so, are you also missing the first second and a half of each transmission or sometimes no transmission at all even though your other scanners "whistlers" are receiving?

troymail

Silent Key
I can't speak to LAPD but I can say I do see the x36 radios "stop" on a talkgroup and then see a delay before you hear audio - if you hear audio. Other times, the radio just scans right past activity.

This (at least in my case) is likely due to either simulcast issues or even the opposite - weak reception.

Other times I see the x36 "linger" on a system "site" for no apparent reason. The display provides no indication that it is detecting a talkgroup being active at all.

It is what it is.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Where are you located?

Remember LAPD system does not simulcast across at radio sites. As I recall Harbor only transmits from San Pedro Hill, Rolling Hills, Wilmington and Baldwin Hills sites.

This is the same reason why some Valley frequency transmissions can be difficult to hear in parts of the basin.

GrandpaFrank

Thanks for the replies, Im in San Pedro. I should also note that I did not have this problem with the old Uniden Home Patrol touch screen scanner.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Instead of the regular Harbor base frequency 484.2875, try listening to 484.925 instead. Its a rebroadcast of 484.2875 but from a single transmission site as I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.