BCT15X: new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry48

I just bought this radio,and I'm having a hard time programming my local departments in.i live in lake county Indiana its the only county I want,any help would be appreciated.terry

shadcall

I just bought this radio,and I'm having a hard time programming my local departments in.i live in lake county Indiana its the only county I want,any help would be appreciated.terry

Is this what you are wanting to program?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8384

If you have the BCT15x scanner you will not be able to receive Lake County, IN. According to the database it is a P 25 Phase II system (digital). You scanner is an analog only scanner so you cannot listen to anything that is digital. Also note the talkgroups that are encrypted (marked DE in the mode). You cannot receive these groups with any scanner. The good news is that there are things you can listen too such as air (civilian and military), railroad, marine, media, businesses basically anything that is analog.

terry48

bcd996p2 scanner

I just bought this scanner,and was it worth the money.is there anything I need to do to it before I try programming it.i updated it with new firmware and also updated the provoice.can you tell me what else I might be missing.thank you

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I just bought this scanner,and was it worth the money.is there anything I need to do to it before I try programming it.i updated it with new firmware and also updated the provoice.can you tell me what else I might be missing.thank you
I see a few DMR users in your county, but they may not interest you. Other than that, you can use FreeSCAN to import your county's P25 system & be up & running.

shadcall

Your thread is labeled as 15x new user. Is this the scanner you have? If so you cannot upgrade it to receive Provoice, DMR or NXDN. It is an analog only scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Your thread is labeled as 15x new user. Is this the scanner you have? If so you cannot upgrade it to receive Provoice, DMR or NXDN. It is an analog only scanner.
The thread was started in December 2017, and at that time, the OP had just acquired a BCT15X.

However, in post 3, the OP indicates he has now purchased a BCD996P2, which does have ProVoice and DMR upgrades available. No NXDN, at least for now.

shadcall

The thread was started in December 2017, and at that time, the OP had just acquired a BCT15X.

However, in post 3, the OP indicates he has now purchased a BCD996P2, which does have ProVoice and DMR upgrades available. No NXDN, at least for now.

Thanks for the clarification. I saw him asking if what he purchased was a good scanner (that is worth the money as he put it) but I just assumed it was about the 15X. I missed the 996 part. Time for new glasses.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Post #3 above
Still does not say anything about a 996p2. All it says is something about the Pro Voice upgrade so it could be a x36 series he bought. Other than another poster mentioned he could program his 15x with freescan which you can program a 996 with. I still see no reference to a 996p2.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Look at the title of the post in bold print above the body text.

Status
Not open for further replies.