MAMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, lately, VIPER TG 51583 - MAMA AIR OPS - has been used to communicate with the Mission Hospital mobile transport units. Over the last few days, I've heard zero radio traffic related to the MAMA medical helos. If anyone else can confirm this, I'll be glad to change the listing in the RRDB.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636

trumpetman

Database Admin
After going back and looking at my notes the helicopters have been dispatched on the 51584 talkgroup for as long as I can remember and the ground units are on the 51583 talkgroup.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I agree....but 51583 is listed in the RRDB as "MAMA AIR OPS". Do you agree we should change 51583 to MISSION GROUND DISPATCH?

After going back and looking at my notes the helicopters have been dispatched on the 51584 talkgroup for as long as I can remember and the ground units are on the 51583 talkgroup.

ts548

At one point all the MAMA and ground units were suppose to be encrypted.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I've been monitoring MAMA for nearly four years and their traffic has never been encrypted as far as I've heard, and that includes the helo-->ER reports. Most of their traffic is on MAMA MEDCOM on VIPER.

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636

AJIComm1

I agree....but 51583 is listed in the RRDB as "MAMA AIR OPS". Do you agree we should change 51583 to MISSION GROUND DISPATCH?
You could use Mama Air Ops or MAMA Ops for Helo and Mission RTS Disp for Ground Units locally they know by county fd and EOC as RTS but uses Misson## as Identifier to Medcom

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
You could use Mama Air Ops or MAMA Ops for Helo and Mission RTS Disp for Ground Units locally they know by county fd and EOC as RTS but uses Misson## as Identifier to Medcom

Not sure I understand your post....it's not about what I use - it's about the fact that "MAMAAIROPS" (TG 51583) is being used exclusively for the Mission ground transport units, e.g., "Mission 4", to communicate with their dispatcher. From the significant amount of VIPER monitoring I've done over the past few weeks, most, if not all, of the MAMA-to-MEDCOM communications have been on TG 51584 (MEDCOM) and at least the flight crew of MAMA2 here in Franklin, is toned out on 150.890 (94.8).

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636

trumpetman

Database Admin
Can you verify that VHF frequency? Once upon a time there was a repeater 155.3550/150.8050 (94.8 PL) used to dispatch MAMA 2, then supposedly it went to a fixed base using 155.3550 in simplex only. All of this is on the WPQA946 license.

Keep 155.355 in your scan list in CSQ and see if you hear anything when 150.890 and 150.805 are active.

Not sure I understand your post....it's not about what I use - it's about the fact that "MAMAAIROPS" (TG 51583) is being used exclusively for the Mission ground transport units, e.g., "Mission 4", to communicate with their dispatcher. From the significant amount of VIPER monitoring I've done over the past few weeks, most, if not all, of the MAMA-to-MEDCOM communications have been on TG 51584 (MEDCOM) and at least the flight crew of MAMA2 here in Franklin, is toned out on 150.890 (94.8).

Metrofire31
Franklin, NC
WQIT636

AJIComm1

Can you verify that VHF frequency? Once upon a time there was a repeater 155.3550/150.8050 (94.8 PL) used to dispatch MAMA 2, then supposedly it went to a fixed base using 155.3550 in simplex only. All of this is on the WPQA946 license.

Keep 155.355 in your scan list in CSQ and see if you hear anything when 150.890 and 150.805 are active.
Would it be possible to update database with updated tag or description to reflecting MAMA Disp TG and Mission RTS Disp TG

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

trumpetman

Database Admin
Yes, I will do that right now. In the future always remember you can use the submission engine at the top right corner of the page and that will be seen by someone and worked more efficiently than posting about on the forums. The forums are great for discussing this stuff but the submissions make sure the database is updated and a paper trail is left in case something is changed in error.

Would it be possible to update database with updated tag or description to reflecting MAMA Disp TG and Mission RTS Disp TG

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I will do that right now. In the future always remember you can use the submission engine at the top right corner of the page and that will be seen by someone and worked more efficiently than posting about on the forums. The forums are great for discussing this stuff but the submissions make sure the database is updated and a paper trail is left in case something is changed in error.

Trumpetman,

I had every intention of submitting all this myself but thought before I did, it might be prudent to confirm if what I was hearing was in fact, a systemic change to Mission's radio usage. Thanks for updating the RRDB.

Metrofire31

Status
Not open for further replies.