DMR upgrade for non-US customers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS2F2018

Hi all.. I live outside US and Canada and unfortunately cannot upgrade my Uniden BCD325P2 scanner to be able to receive DMR transmission. Uniden didn't accepting payment other than using US CC and unfortunately even though reseller like Police Scanners, Radios, Programming, Accessories | Scannermaster.com provide international shipment but my country still not on their list. If there's anyone can help me to solve my problem, will greatly appreciated. Please drop me an email if there's a solution for my case. Thank you very much...

racingfan360

Hi....can you PM or email me (you've only posted once, so I can't PM you). I live in Europe and have successfully bought DMR upgrade keys for the BCD436HP: I can send you instructions.

Jim

NS2F2018

Hi Jim.. Thank you for your quick response. This kind of problem is weird and I'll PM you asap..

LezO

Hi jhampton2000. Hi. I am a UK user and have Registered to Uniden and Registered my Uniden BCD536HP Scanner. but when I enter my ESN and Checksum numbers I end up on a error screen instead of the screen to pay for the DMR Upgrade. My Serial Number on the back of the radio is 375Z78002197. My ESN is 37526 078002197 and my Checksum is 159. I have attached screen captures of the ESN Screen and the Error Screen, Hopefully someone will help me resolve this problem. Cheers
Les

jb_tas

how about posting the information here for others
There are many in the same predicament around the world

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
It is fixed. Had something to do with invalid data in your account information.

racingfan360

how about posting the information here for others
There are many in the same predicament around the world

Sure. This has been posted several times in various guises, but replicated again for others to find more readily:

The standard process is described here:
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/vie...adeforBCDxxxP2

When you create an account at myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area you will only be able to register a US address. My recollection is that Paul (UpMan) has publicly stated this is just for marketing purposes, and has no relevance to your registered card/purchases via this site. I'm sure he'll correct me if im wrong. I also believe the non-us card issues are to do with the payment process limitations of the company uniden uses, and not uniden themselves directly....again happy to be corrected.

The trick is when you follow the instructions to purchase the DMR key: Here you must enter genuine details, except for Billing State you need to enter Armed Forces - Europe (or Armed Forces - Pacific etc). Also there is evidence that a Debit Card and not a Credit Card must be used. All other details required are as per any other online transaction. The process works for most but not everyone.

Xplorer00

Premium Subscriber
Sure. This has been posted several times in various guises, but replicated again for others to find more readily:

The standard process is described here:
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/vie...adeforBCDxxxP2

When you create an account at myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area you will only be able to register a US address. My recollection is that Paul (UpMan) has publicly stated this is just for marketing purposes, and has no relevance to your registered card/purchases via this site. I'm sure he'll correct me if im wrong. I also believe the non-us card issues are to do with the payment process limitations of the company uniden uses, and not uniden themselves directly....again happy to be corrected.

The trick is when you follow the instructions to purchase the DMR key: Here you must enter genuine details, except for Billing State you need to enter Armed Forces - Europe (or Armed Forces - Pacific etc). Also there is evidence that a Debit Card and not a Credit Card must be used. All other details required are as per any other online transaction. The process works for most but not everyone.

Just on that, you mention about the billing address state on possibly using Armed Forces..., The actuation registration page does not provide that state option.

Or did you mean as the registration page is more that likely a marketing purpose, you could use google and pick an address. Then once past this page, is there another address entry when making the actual upgrade purchases that has the Armed Forces listed as a state option?

geo-fm

purchase keys europe user

Hi, please ask how to buy DMR, NXDN or PROVOICE. Every time I get the error message "The address verification check on your credit card has failed. Please make sure your billing address matches the address that your credit card was issued to. everything except the state is good, I am from the Czech Republic. thank you in advance for your help

racingfan360

Just on that, you mention about the billing address state on possibly using Armed Forces..., The actuation registration page does not provide that state option.

Or did you mean as the registration page is more that likely a marketing purpose, you could use google and pick an address. Then once past this page, is there another address entry when making the actual upgrade purchases that has the Armed Forces listed as a state option?

For account creation at MyUniden, you can use a(ny) US address, but you must use a US address. I understand this one is used purely for marketing, so it has no impact on your purchase.

Having created an account, when you then proceed to Purchase an Upgrade key, for DMR/Provoice/NXDN etc you must use a genuine address for your card transaction. In this sequence, you will not have the option to select the correct Billing State if outside of North America. Here is where you must use Armed Forces - xxxx.

To geo-fm's question, I believe you must use a Debit Card when outside of the US - not a Credit Card.

Valeriy

Hi, please ask how to buy DMR, NXDN or PROVOICE. Every time I get the error message "The address verification check on your credit card has failed. Please make sure your billing address matches the address that your credit card was issued to. everything except the state is good, I am from the Czech Republic. thank you in advance for your help

Get a TYT digtal radio... They are a true DMR upgrade... :)

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
For account creation at MyUniden, you can use a(ny) US address, but you must use a US address. I understand this one is used purely for marketing, so it has no impact on your purchase.

To geo-fm's question, I believe you must use a Debit Card when outside of the US - not a Credit Card.

Close.

Canadian addresses and credit cards work fine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.