2018 - Kansas City Metro Area MARRS P25 Trunked Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
While watching Pro96com activity this afternoon, I noticed that the system "flavor" has switched to Phase II. This is occurring on the KCK and KCMO MARRS towers, however, all traffic appears to be Phase I at this time (as confirmed by older radio equipment). Are we getting closer to Phase II conversion? It has been rumored that the switch to Phase II will be occurring in the next year or so.

Attachments

• 4467.JPG
    4467.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:

bctrainers

Yeah, am seeing P1 and P2 band plans active on the JaxCo CC (851.3250).

Same thing to note with P2 on WyCo's CC. Cass county is also showing Phase 2 channel access, as is JoCo.

However, all frequencies are still being delegated at 12.5 bandwidth.

RF-Burns

Does anyone know what site Grandview Fire Department is on, Kansas City, Cass or Johnson County?

bctrainers

Does anyone know what site Grandview Fire Department is on, Kansas City, Cass or Johnson County?

I know they definitely do not come over JoCo on the KS side. :)

Since Grandview is in JaxCo, I am going to assume they're on the JaxCo MARRS simulcast system.

I've not seen anything on the Cass county simulcast regarding Grandview FD in the past 30 minutes.

RF-Burns

Thank you for a quick reply. I haven't heard them on Jackson so far. If you happen to hear them can you please reply and let me know what site it was?

I know they definitely do not come over JoCo on the KS side. :)

Since Grandview is in JaxCo, I am going to assume they're on the JaxCo MARRS simulcast system.

I've not seen anything on the Cass county simulcast regarding Grandview FD in the past 30 minutes.

Defibber

Band Plan

Ok, so I found my scanners that have been in storage, and a have been trying to program them. I have my department radio picking up radio traffic, but the scanner doesn't. When I uploaded the programming using Freescan, I get the following Band Plan error. Is this causing it not to work? I am in the northland off of N.Oak.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Bandplanerror.png
    Bandplanerror.png
    11 KB · Views: 594

bctrainers

Ok, so I found my scanners that have been in storage, and a have been trying to program them. I have my department radio picking up radio traffic, but the scanner doesn't. When I uploaded the programming using Freescan, I get the following Band Plan error. Is this causing it not to work? I am in the northland off of N.Oak.

Any ideas?

Which agency on MARRS exactly? I am assuming Clay or Platte County MO.

bctrainers

MARRS is the system, but I have KCMO, Liberty, Clay County, Pleasant Valley, MERS, talk group programmed in.

You'll need to input 'Platte County MO - Simulcast''s primary CC frequencies to pickup those agencies. Unfortunately, I am too far away to reliably receive Platte County MO MARRS. These are the listed CC's via the DB...

MERS (33017) doesn't activate all that much during the winter months (outside of 6am, 12/1pm, 6pm weather synopsis). First wednesday of the month around 10am does the talkgroup come alive. :)

Do note that all of KC MARRS as of Dec 2017 has enabled Phase 2 on top of Phase 1 with their P25 system. Phase 1 is still robustly used in all of the system, with P2 just sitting there.

Do ensure your scanner has the decimal equivalent talkgroups inputted for the agencies that you wish to listen to: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6916#tgCid-17356

Since I am too far away from the PlCo MARRS tower, I can only show you the JoCo KS side of things... I believe it's similar to the PlCo MARRS system, if not identical.

kt1EdpY.png

BigC801

MARRS is the system, but I have KCMO, Liberty, Clay County, Pleasant Valley, MERS, talk group programmed in.

I'm not sure why he said program site 4 in but for listing around KCMO you will want to program site 401 KC main site, just put in the 4 frequencies below and leave the band plan blank and try it out.

851.050c 851.325c 851.600c 851.8625c

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure why he said program site 4 in but for listing around KCMO you will want to program site 401 KC main site, just put in the 4 frequencies below and leave the band plan blank and try it out.

As wbigcount stated, all Clay County agencies use the KCMO Simulcast frequencies. All you'll receive on the Platte County tower is Platte County Sheriff, Northern Platte County Fire Departments, and occasionally KCPD North, Gladstone PD, and Riverside PD.

bctrainers

My apologies, thought platte county's simulcast also included KCPD zones.

Status
Not open for further replies.