Denham Springs Police Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunMoon

I appears that the Denham Springs Police Department has moved over to the LWIN system using talk group 20017. This now leaves the Livingston Parish Sheriff's Office as the only agency in the region not using LWIN for day to day communications.

ChitheadDeSo

Have they completely made the transfer, last I had heard they were simply testing it out to see what more they needed to use it.

Technoguy58

Doesn't Denham Springs F.D. still use the UHF frequencies for primary ops?? I believe that District 5 is the unincorporated area around Denham Springs. Denham Springs has its own municipal fire department.

charlie12

DSPD still uses 453.750 as their regular channel everyday. The only LE in Livingston Parish that I know of that switched to 700 was Walker PD and they used it during business hours then switches back to the LPSO Tac 1 at 460.05 until office hours the next morning

They FD in Livingston Parish still dispatch on UHF and 700 but they have 700 they can switch to.

red8

I live in Livingston, it is sad that they have not switched, I talked to my son in law, who works for LPSO.and said he gets in the northern part of the parish in the SO helicopter and he has issues with reception. They rather use the tin can string method than to spend the funds to upgrade.

charlie12

I live in Livingston, it is sad that they have not switched, I talked to my son in law, who works for LPSO.and said he gets in the northern part of the parish in the SO helicopter and he has issues with reception. They rather use the tin can string method than to spend the funds to upgrade.

If they are having problems in the parish in the helicopter they need to fix the radio. I listen to them on my handheld radios in EBR and yesterday. I was in Springfield yesterday listening to them on a cheap Chinese handheld ham radio.

red8

I failed to mention I had lunch with a friend of mine who works in Communication at LPSO. He did inform me they are in the process of making change, They got a few bugs to work out.

red8

District 5 is the fire dept. for the unincorporated areas.I have been having issues of monitoring LWIN the last couple of days, It appears to be looking for control channel. I have put all of the control channels for the Troop A area . It worked for a while then it has stopped .

Status
Not open for further replies.