SDR Frequency Analyzers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forly192

Is there a software that can act like a frequency logger?

I’d like to set the SDR spectrum bandwidth a few MHz wide and let the software log whatever active frequencies it picks over a period of time.

Is there something like that already?

spongella

Premium Subscriber
NutsAboutNets.com

Check NutsAboutNets.com. There's a number of products they sell including software that analyzes the spectrum and produces a heat map, not exactly what you are looking for but they might have other products to fit your needs.

I use their RF Viewer spectrum analyzer software with an RTL-SDR dongle, it is an inexpensive and rudimentary spectrum analyzer for the hobbyist.

morfis

It's certainly possible with sdrsharp /plugins.

In the airband or military section of the bulletin board is a description of setting up a scan of the whole 'military airband' and searching it in seconds. Dwell, trigger level of signal etc can all be set and the software left running as long as you want.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
SDR# and the scanner plugin that comes with it can search frequencies for activity at about 10MHz/second if you set it up right. It will also log active frequencies found and the number of hits.

Michael-SATX

Does software exist to scan and log with type of signal ?

I have often wished for software that could scan a selected spectrum and ID log what it saw on each freq.
It could be SDR or scanner controlled based and interface with DSD+ or better and compare to RRDB.
Imagine deploying this in your area or for when you travel to do unattended research in detail for an area.
Example: Lets say we defined a user selectable spectrum starting with 451 to 452 Mhz just for starters:

Sample Results might show Freq, Mode, Type of Signal, Details Analyzed, Hits, Notes and RRDB match
451.08750 - NFM - NXDN - L303-1 CC=xxx - 35 Hits - Notes: RRDB matched S&P S303 NC-SA sid-8665
451.10625 - NFM - NXDN - L303-1 CC=xxx - 9 Hites - Notes: RRBD matched S&P System 303 NC-SA
451.1625 - FM - NXDN - L68-6 VC=xxx - 12 Hits - Notes: S&P Comm NEXEDGE System 68 NE-SATX
451.1750 - FM - Passport - Site#54 LCN#1 - 7 Hits - Notes: Industrial Comm Passport Site 54 NE-SATX
451.3000 - FM - LTR Standard - Site#1 LCN#3 - 5 Hits - Notes: Industrial Comm LTR-3 NC AMR-EMS HR
451.6875 - FM - Analog Voice - PL=203.5 - 32 Hits - Notes: UnID Need follow and review log recordings
451.7750 - FM - LTR Standard - Site#1 LCN#1 - 7 Hits - Notes: RRDB matched as Boeing LTR sid-7647
451.9000 - FM - Analog Voice - PL=179.9 - 45 Hits - Notes: RRDB matched as Alamo Concrete Co
451.9000 - FM - Analog Voice - DCS=032 - 25 Hites - Notes: SWA Ramps and Alamo Con share freq
451.9875 - TDMA - DMR Cap+ - Site#73-1c 6 Hits - Notes: RRDB match as Microsoft DC DMR sid-7618

I made up only the 451.9 SWA Airlines data just to illustrate how a multi use freq would be dual logged.

I just browsed the below RTL-SDR link and did not spot anything that is specificaly molded for my idea.
https://www.rtl-sdr.com/big-list-rtl-sdr-supported-software/

Wow - Image how awesome it would be to unlease a powerful research software tool like this by even
a noob or an expirienced user to help document an area - what could be discovered that might get missed ?

Last edited:

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Signal Hounds manufactures a software defined spectrum analyzer currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.