Official 2018 MSWIN TG ID Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Request

I am looking for some MSWIN UID Files, DMR Info (Freq,Time Slot,TGID,UIDs) etc. Along the path that I-55 takes takes through the State. Especially The northern area from the State line to Jackson and from Jackson to the La Stateline.

Please send all files to me at fullerdavid63601@gmail.com

Like always, Big thanks.

pavehawk

Anyone got anything on Lafayette County? I swear the freqs have changed from what we have in RR as I pick up nothing but the La SO when doing a id search and even that is hit or miss, no real traffic. The freqs are pretty different on digital frequency search.com ( or whatever site searches the fcc database and presents the frequencies.) I’m willing to bet those freqs are the correct ones but I’m not sure how to manually program them in as a proper p25 system in my BCD236HP. The tutorial on the digital freq site doesn’t work for me and finding a straightforward p25 trunking system programming tutorial (phase II although I guess that doesn’t matter,) is eluding my grasp I have both ARC and Sentinal, have all the upgrades (dmr, pro-voice.) any hints, tips, ideas, etc? I’d really hate to have to send this thing off to get programmed, but I’ve had it for about a week and a half and am kind of at a dead end.

Thanks all,

Will
USAF 2002-2007

TheRadioGuru

I'd put money that 62062 is going to be East Mississippi Electric Association, had a possible tornado move through Lauderdale County earlier this week.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Check your 1st post -

https://forums.radioreference.com/u...up-any-local-frequencies-my-new-bcd436hp.html

Anyone got anything on Lafayette County? I swear the freqs have changed from what we have in RR as I pick up nothing but the La SO when doing a id search and even that is hit or miss, no real traffic. The freqs are pretty different on digital frequency search.com ( or whatever site searches the fcc database and presents the frequencies.) I’m willing to bet those freqs are the correct ones but I’m not sure how to manually program them in as a proper p25 system in my BCD236HP. The tutorial on the digital freq site doesn’t work for me and finding a straightforward p25 trunking system programming tutorial (phase II although I guess that doesn’t matter,) is eluding my grasp I have both ARC and Sentinal, have all the upgrades (dmr, pro-voice.) any hints, tips, ideas, etc? I’d really hate to have to send this thing off to get programmed, but I’ve had it for about a week and a half and am kind of at a dead end.

Thanks all,

Will
USAF 2002-2007

Technoguy58

You mention programming a p25 system but according to the existing info on the D.B. most agencies in Lafayette county are using DMR on VHF conventional frequencies. So what exactly are you trying to listen to? Does your radio have the DMR update?? Have you programmed the VHF frequencies that are in the D.B. into your radio as DMR conventional?? There are a few frequencies that are not in the database that MIGHT be actively in use if you want to check these:

These should be checked to see if they are active or not. They might be analog or digital(DMR...not p25..according to the license).

If you are trying to listen to MSWIN do you know if Lafayette county uses MSWIN??

pavehawk

It's definitely P25 Phase II

You mention programming a p25 system but according to the existing info on the D.B. most agencies in Lafayette county are using DMR on VHF conventional frequencies. So what exactly are you trying to listen to? Does your radio have the DMR update?? Have you programmed the VHF frequencies that are in the D.B. into your radio as DMR conventional?? There are a few frequencies that are not in the database that MIGHT be actively in use if you want to check these:

These should be checked to see if they are active or not. They might be analog or digital(DMR...not p25..according to the license).

If you are trying to listen to MSWIN do you know if Lafayette county uses MSWIN??

Lafayette is definitely using MSWIN. I ended up being able to program the scanner correctly. I also got a little help and took a look at a 100% working file for Lafayette. For some reason, the scanner I was using was just not receiving more than 10% of transmissions, even with an upgraded antenna. So...I sent the BCD436HP back, got two RTL-SDRs and am now decoding control channels with unitrunker and looking at all of the radio traffic I was missing. Only one problem, there is no voice decoder (other then lenux OP25) that decodes phase II. UGH... I'm starting to understand why I've never seen a live police radio broadcast out of Lafayette.

I'll def check out those other channels though. Using SDR# to try to find anything to listen to now.

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I just picked up a new talkgroup of 32367 on the MS-WIN. Since today is Mardi Gras and Bay St. Louis (Hancock County) is having their parade as I type, the talkgroup is talking about floats and blocking roads for the parade. The only strange thing is that I'm picking it up on about 5 other sites not in my area. I guess I would classify the talkgroup as Special Events.

Status
Not open for further replies.