Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

squad1b

Other than the metro tac channels what other talkgroups should I monitor for radio traffic concerning the Super Bowl?

Thanks
Scott

ecps92

Are you only interested in the Local TRS ?
IF not, I would begin [last month] noting the 162-174 and 380-400, 400-420 current users
and then shortly this month you should begin to see the Temp Users [Federal Support] who will be slowly moving in for the weekends events.

Some prior notes/observations can be found at
The Fed Files Blog: Search results for super bowl as well as some of the Threads on RR and other Regional Yahoogroups
Other than the metro tac channels what other talkgroups should I monitor for radio traffic concerning the Super Bowl?

Thanks
Scott

stmills

I have not picked up any new traffic in the Federal Bands as of yet. A large chunk of Federal traffic on a day to day basis has moved to the agency owned Talkgroups on ARMER. A number of the Federal agencies have requested and been granted extra radio ids and Talkgroups for there Super Bowl Operations.

stmills

Link does not work, I suspect you are referring to the info that because of the 3 zone radios Minneapolis uses not all the newer -Tac Talkgroups are in them so instead the used Talkgroups will be in the middle of the range- METac 8 instead of 12, STAC 8 instead of STAC 12 etc.

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin
Link works in browser but not tap-talk. I am sure there is going to be some Conventional use on VTACs and 8TACs for interoperability

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I've heard of there being some amateur radio activity, but I do not know the details.

stmills

Amateur Radio is the backup plan for EOC to EOC and between hospitals and EOCs if there is a failure of Public Safety comms. When this was tested last fall the Amateur system failed and they had to switch to the Armer Talkgroups to complete the exercise. Good thing they tested with enough time to correct the problems.
There will be some Federal Air asssets that do not have ARMER radios installed- they will use VTacs patched to ARMER Talkgroups while in the Air but on the ground all crew will be using ARMER Portables not The VTacs because of the lack of coverage.

rs989

Premium Subscriber
It's going to ne a long night listening if they make it to the SB. Just think if by chance the Vikes win it here, my scanners are going to be loaded with all interops, MPD, just about everyone except the dog catcher. I did not do much scanning and really did not hear much on the interop talkgroups I had programmed for the Saint's game but I probably did not have the right ones amd hey the game was too hard not to watch.

Lot's of DMR for sure with all the STA's issued for radio systems to support game activities. I wonder how much of Fed comms in the clear so I may check out that band. It defiantly should be an interesting night scanning even if the Vikings did not make it to the Super Bowl.

On a side note, just imagine all the frequency coordination that needed to be done to avoid interference issues, I don't know the frequency coordinators do it.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
It's going to ne a long night listening if they make it to the SB. Just think if by chance the Vikes win it here, my scanners are going to be loaded with all interops, MPD, just about everyone except the dog catcher. I did not do much scanning and really did not hear much on the interop talkgroups I had programmed for the Saint's game but I probably did not have the right ones amd hey the game was too hard not to watch.

Lot's of DMR for sure with all the STA's issued for radio systems to support game activities. I wonder how much of Fed comms in the clear so I may check out that band. It defiantly should be an interesting night scanning even if the Vikings did not make it to the Super Bowl.

On a side note, just imagine all the frequency coordination that needed to be done to avoid interference issues, I don't know the frequency coordinators do it.

Doesn't the NFL have a frequency coordinator for every game?

stmills

Amateur Radio is the backup plan for EOC to EOC and between hospitals and EOCs if there is a failure of Public Safety comms. When this was tested last fall the Amateur system failed and they had to switch to the Armer Talkgroups to complete the exercise. Good thing they tested with enough time to correct the problems.

There will be some Federal Air asssets that do not have ARMER radios installed- they will use VTacs patched to ARMER Talkgroups while in the Air but on the ground all crew will be using ARMER Portables not The VTacs because of the lack of coverage.

444.175 will be the primary EOC to EOC Amateur channel. If all goes well this will only have routine status updates - if there is a comms failure this will get more traffic , 146.700 is the backup/ over flow channel.

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
MNZone5 is also supposed to be used on the DMR repeaters which are connected to the MNDMR C-Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.