Where have they gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
Basically over the last year or so, I have noticed a significant decrease in federal government related communications in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. It used to be you'd catch a FBI surveillance in the clear every once in awhile, or IRS, ATF, CBP etc. and even USSS ops/surveillance, but things have been extremely quiet lately, to the point of I can literally search the 162-174 and 403-420 mhz bands for two or three days straight, and no comms or digital buzzsaws P25 at all. Used to be FBI was very active daily digital, even if they were encrypted. Now... nada.... I don't want to turn this into a political thing, but it seems since Trump took office, all fed LE stuff and comms have been nil here in Big D. Hmmm.... any WAG's?:confused::confused:

kv5e

T¹ ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
Basically over the last year or so, I have noticed a significant decrease in federal government related communications in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. It used to be you'd catch a FBI surveillance in the clear every once in awhile, or IRS, ATF, CBP etc. and even USSS ops/surveillance, but things have been extremely quiet lately, to the point of I can literally search the 162-174 and 403-420 mhz bands for two or three days straight, and no comms or digital buzzsaws P25 at all. Used to be FBI was very active daily digital, even if they were encrypted. Now... nada.... I don't want to turn this into a political thing, but it seems since Trump took office, all fed LE stuff and comms have been nil here in Big D. Hmmm.... any WAG's?:confused::confused:

Secure apps on LTE - VOIP-Messaging is the SWAG for me.

Makes sense to have a FIPS certified container with APPS on a smartphone, everybody has a phone and it does not attract attention if you are using a phone.

Now, the *shiny black FBI shoes* are another thing.

ericcarlson

Database Admin
There's still the usual activity in Houston. Although a lot of things, particularly narcotics-wise, tend to be joint ops and are on TxWARN talkgroups frequently. Also keep in mind that most activity tends to be during weekday business hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.