Mishawak Pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsf2112

Why am I getting Mishawaka PD dispatch on SB fire 6.?Also SB and Joe county seem to have become much clearer over the last month with no simulcast distortion. Just temporary cold weather effect.?

SCOTTER

I think Mishawaka FD is being dispatched with South Bend and St Joe county fire over the countywide fire channel. PD is on 6 like you said but what about channels 2 3 4 and 5?

dmack550

Premium Subscriber
It's been messed up for awhile now. Also the new automated dispatching for the fire department has started as well. I believe the database needs updating. All this started with the new unified dispatch center beginning operation in the last three to four months.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if MPD and MFD have completely abandoned the Mishawaka P25 system? Or is this a prelude to merging the system into SAFE-T? Someone please run Pro96Com, or Analyze on the Mishawaka system and verify the SysID etc, to see if its still an stand alone... Because if it is now part of SAFE-T, that could explain why your getting the less distortion due to new towers added into the simulcast... ? And would be interesting as it is an simulcast itself..... Would make the St. Joseph simulcast an much more interesting site with multiple new towers... Or it could be another site itself. There is room for at least 6 more Z1 sites in the current lineup, same with Z2.

Last edited by a moderator:

us007605

Mishawaka's system is still there with ID of 1BE and current control channel 859.4375. I was watching it in Unitrunker a few weeks ago and the only voice traffic I was seeing was on the DPW related talkgroups so it would appear PD and Fire have both moved to SAFE-T and the public works stuff is still on the old Mishawaka system. On SAFE-T, I have heard Mishawaka PD using TG 12242 for dispatch and Fire/EMS using TG 12574 to talk to a dispatcher after something is dispatched for them by Locution. Not sure what they are doing for Fireground. When I am listening I never seem to hear anything other than medical runs. Mishawaka PD units have been using the County PD records channel for records checks. Haven't figured out where any other traffic has been other than those few notes.

One other thing I noticed is 856.4375, which was a voice channel for the Mishawaka system is now showing up as a voice channel on the St Joe County SAFE-T simulcast site.

Brian

SCOTTER

That sucks thanks to the new technology we lost Mishawaka PD dispatch and I also only hear public works on the old system.

SCOTTER

Let me correct that we lost most of the Mishawaka traffic not all and I have not heard anything on channel 2 TG 12237 but I will be watching it and will report any info I see and hear.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
From IPSC activity overheard today, and from what your saying, this is looking like the Mishawaka system is merging into SAFE-T. And the other new simulcast is also nearing online status.

dubs0980

Premium Subscriber
From IPSC activity overheard today, and from what your saying, this is looking like the Mishawaka system is merging into SAFE-T. And the other new simulcast is also nearing online status.

From the FCC data (and the current SafeT system map) SafeT is taking over their University dr water tower site, and their Inwood road tower. Eventually we may be getting a site closer to Notre Dame too. SafeT stole 856.4375 from Mish but the 'old' system is still up at the moment. A few mishawaka utilities were actually the first to get on SafeT from the city to presumably test it out.

As for Fire there is one dispatch channel for the whole county, aka locution that should just be the automated dispatches which are now simulcasted (most of the time) over the VHF repeaters. However some units mistakenly use it to contact dispatch. County fire, South Bend fire and Mishawaka fire have their own "ops" channels that act like a primary channel for the respective department. After that they all use the same set of fire grounds that are assigned by the PSAP as needed.

Yes the original plugs that populated the RR database have south bend fire grounds....but we are hearing Mishawaka police on them. So sounds like the common case of changes made after we got our original info. To make things even more fun SBPD and MPD have started calling their dispatchers "71." So only the unit numbers and locations will tell you what department they are from.

SCOTTER

For those who dont know SBPD car units are in the 2s or 3s mostly like 296 or 314 315 ect but after the unit # they say 71 instead of South Bend. The County PD is like 22 Adam or Bravo then 71 and Mishawaka PD is in the fiftys most of the time like 51 55 then 71 and like dubs said the dispatchers are all 71 also so I hope this helps.

us007605

Some possibilities for some other Mishawaka Traffic on SAFE-T -- I let Unitrunker run for 24 hours and looked for Talkgroup IDs not listed here that showed up with "71" radio IDs.

TG 12598 showed up and at one point the same RID also Joined the Mishawaka PD Dispatch TG at one point but didn't make any voice calls. So that could possibly be used by Mishawaka.

The other unknowns:

Those all showed up but not many of them had any calls made on them. Just "71" radio IDs joining them and those radios didn't seem to join any other TGs from what I saw. I'll program up a scan list with just these to see if I hear any traffic on them that can be ID'd.

jel250

Some possibilities for some other Mishawaka Traffic on SAFE-T -- I let Unitrunker run for 24 hours and looked for Talkgroup IDs not listed here that showed up with "71" radio IDs.

TG 12598 showed up and at one point the same RID also Joined the Mishawaka PD Dispatch TG at one point but didn't make any voice calls. So that could possibly be used by Mishawaka.

The other unknowns:

Those all showed up but not many of them had any calls made on them. Just "71" radio IDs joining them and those radios didn't seem to join any other TGs from what I saw. I'll program up a scan list with just these to see if I hear any traffic on them that can be ID'd.

Well, just let me know if you figure out what Mishawaka's new channel 2 SAFE-T TGID is... I'd like to add it to my feed! I'd do it myself but I have all my scanners tied up for broadcasting lol.

jel250

Did you ever find out what those other TGID's are? I've been having issues with MPD the past week over here in Elkhart but everything else is coming through just fine off this tower... Not sure what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.