PA Farm Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Has anybody had recent success monitoring the Farm Show? I was there this morning and tried monitoring all the frequencies listed in the DB (here). The repeaters were functioning but I heard no voice traffic on them. The workers that were emptying the trash had some what might have been CP200's, maybe the digital ones. I couldn't hear any traffic to confirm they were digital and nobody keyed up so I couldn't hear the TPT. I did, however, hear DMR on 460.375. I took my antenna off and still heard it so I'm thinking they have a repeater set up and use it for operations. I'll be going back later with a laptop and dongle to try to get more information about 460.375. Please let me know if you know anything about it.

As an aside, I heard lots of GMRS and business band traffic. Also, at one of the equine shows, some judges were using radios too but I couldn't figure their frequency out. Somebody with close call needs to go and find these frequencies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Did you check out this license:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQTM924

Transmitter located right at Farm Show. DMR/analog emissions. One repeater 461.275 and licensed for 125 4-watt handhelds.

If it's active at all, you never know if they are using it as a single freq repeater or if somebody combined it into a multiple repeater site.

According to the license, all the other frequencies would be simplex with 461.275 being repeater. if I were you, I'd put all of the frequencies in the scanner and see what happens.

License is Capitol Area Communications, Inc in Fairfax VA - but looks like the actual website is Portable and Mobile Two Way Radios Motorola Two Way Radio Dealer Fairfax VA Communications Electronics of Virginia -- a virginia Motorola radio shop. So they likely manage the whole thing for the farm show.

Mike

Mike

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Nice find, that is great info! I will punch that in later today. I'm curious why there might be tbro on two different licenses (one of which isn't even licensed for such emissions). I'll update you with my findings. Thank you.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
From what I remember from January, they are operating on the frequency listed for parking operations. It's a repeater and they are using enhanced privacy encryption. The men who empty the trash inside also carry units but I can't remember if they are on the same repeater or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.