• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cdm1250 Tone receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstDue5

Can anyone tell me what model receiver this is that is hooked in with the radio? Been trying to look it up but can’t seem to find anything about it.

Attachments

• D2545182-71E8-4F61-824D-DD9B19F9316E.jpg
    D2545182-71E8-4F61-824D-DD9B19F9316E.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 246

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Often used for fire stations. A two tone page triggers a relay that turns on station lights. Audio is routed to a PA system throughout the station. The OP could probably explain what they are using it for.

FirstDue5

I agree with McKenna, sure looks custom. Can you tell us what it does when there's an alert?

We use DTMF tones to alert our stations, when the proper sequence of tones is dropped, there are alert beeps sent through the station, and then it automatically resets itself.

K2NEC

We use DTMF tones to alert our stations, when the proper sequence of tones is dropped, there are alert beeps sent through the station, and then it automatically resets itself.

I think you just answered your question a little bit. When the DTMF sequence goes through the radio picks it up and activates the "box" which probably activates lights, opens doors, etc... As per model it looks like the department made it custom or had someone make it. Maybe to fit their needs more specifically.
mmckenna was correct

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The CDM's were a different radio from what is available today. They used simple 12V signalling on the accessory connector. Not too long ago, several station alerting systems my manager had designed which were built with CDM's (essentially a series of relays would be triggered from the output of the radio when a page was received passing audio into a Bogden PA and flipping alert lighting). The department needed to spend some grant money so they upgraded those CDMs to APX1500's. The APX (and XTL) use digital logic for things like channel activity (COR) and don't put out enough current to hold a relay open. Ended up having to re-engineer the alerting system to use a transitor based switch as a buffer to between the APX and 12V relays. Once that was done it worked...but was a pain to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.