Load freq./chan. database into OP25 or SDRtrunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl2s

I'm ready to give up on UNItrunker and DSD+

My area is a simulcast p25 and even with the lastest fastlane release of DSD+ it sounds like crap.
Tried SDRtrunk and it sounds awesome.

Question:
Is there a way to load channel/frequency data from RadioReference into OP25 and/or SDRtrunk?
UNItrunker has the ability with just a click of the icon. But how do I load it into OP25 or SDRtrunk?

box23

I'm ready to give up on UNItrunker and DSD+

My area is a simulcast p25 and even with the lastest fastlane release of DSD+ it sounds like crap.
Tried SDRtrunk and it sounds awesome.

Question:
Is there a way to load channel/frequency data from RadioReference into OP25 and/or SDRtrunk?
UNItrunker has the ability with just a click of the icon. But how do I load it into OP25 or SDRtrunk?

That's because the virtual audio cable used to get the signal to DSD+ is basically doing the same thing as the discriminator tap in the crappy consumer scanners and removing half of the needed information. The only reliable way to receive P25 simulcast other than a properly designed hardware receiver is to use SDRTrunk or OP25. Simulcast P25 Phase II requires OP25. Both use I and Q directly from the SDR receiver to properly decode the signal.

There is no built in way to get data from the radio reference database into the configuration files for either application. Both use different formats, both of which are likely incompatible with anything radio reference would output, not to mention the need for a subscription and the time it would take the developers to add such a feature.

There are multiple ways to get such data into the configuration files, the simplest being to open a text editor and start typing. SDRTrunk uses an XML file that can easily be done by hand, although can be a little time consuming.

The OP25 configuration files are essentially .csv files and can be imported to/from LibreOffice Calc or other spreadsheet programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.