BC346XT: Scanner Will Not Communicate With Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

I absolutely love my 346XT over any of the newer scanners that have been released. However, I went to update the programming on it and the darn thing will not communicate with the computer. I tried using proscan and freescan and it cannot find the scanner. I plugged in my 396xt and it worked fine, so this leads me to believe it is the scanner itself. I also went thru each baud rate and changed it each time and still no luck.

Anybody have similar issues with this unit?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I absolutely love my 346XT over any of the newer scanners that have been released. However, I went to update the programming on it and the darn thing will not communicate with the computer. I tried using proscan and freescan and it cannot find the scanner. I plugged in my 396xt and it worked fine, so this leads me to believe it is the scanner itself. I also went thru each baud rate and changed it each time and still no luck.

Anybody have similar issues with this unit?

Does the Win Device Manager show the port working?

Ubbe

Go into the scanners Menu/Settings and check that the port speed matches the settings that you use in Freescan and Proscan.

/Ubbe

Coolant113

Go into the scanners Menu/Settings and check that the port speed matches the settings that you use in Freescan and Proscan.

/Ubbe

I did that and nothing. As of now I am lead to believe that it is the port on the scanner. May have to send it into Uniden to get repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.