psredit500 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitorboy

Premium Subscriber
hello has anyone had this rr web service error ......"an invalid character was in text content" . it occurs when it's downloading MPSCS only .it does not occur when downloading other trunked systems...........thanks in advance.

monitorboy

Premium Subscriber
i will say this charter spectrum was here yesterday and installed a new line from a different pole to my house with a new junction box and a new run of coax to the other side of my house where the original line is going to thru the wall to the modem ...............why would this affect this ? all tho i was concerned about the extra run of coax and signal loss but said it was the quality of signal not the loss that made the diff (not sure about that)

troymail

Silent Key
yes it has worked fine in past

Ok - so probably recent change in the data -- seems to be in the location data -- I see some crazy long LAT/LON values for a few sites (could be down to the resolution of the size of a penny on the ground!).... wonder if something is getting overwritten in the code/data.

The site on wheels has no location data but I don't think that is new.

mikey60

This just started recently, and appears only on the MPSCS (Of course, my home system) so far. I have emails in to Lindsay to check into it but haven't heard back on that yet. I expect I'll hear back in the next day or two. The error occurs while retrieving the talkgroup categories from the web service.

Even updating to the latest version of the web service didn't resolve it.

Mike
PSREdit500 Author

troymail

Silent Key
FWIW - I imported the system without issue using Win500.

It wouldn't have anything to do with these crazy 'precise' (probably not) LAT and LON values, would it?

mikey60

No, it appears to be an issue with an invalid character in a category (County) tag that's causing the SOAP library that came with my compiler to choke on the category import. Still looking to see if there's anything I can do with the library to mitigate the issue.

Mike

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
No, it appears to be an issue with an invalid character in a category (County) tag that's causing the SOAP library that came with my compiler to choke on the category import. Still looking to see if there's anything I can do with the library to mitigate the issue.

Mike

Perhaps Lindsay can change the decimal data type to string. We had that same problem years ago with Latitude and Longitude data types set at decimal and if they contained blanks, My and other programs would choke.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It was in an alpha tag for a county. Lindsay fixed that one, but now there's one in a talkgroup record causing the same error.

Mike

Looking at the error message, it appears to be the "Range" that has a decimal data type.

mikey60

The error message is misleading. It's actually an issue now with TGID 4193 and 4198 where there are bad characters in the description field. If you look at the database page and find those talkgroups you'll see it.

Mike

mikey60

I didn't write the error message. That's what the compiler's SOAP library gave me on a parse error. It would have been better if it hadn't given part of the data line.

There's a lot more information provided in the exception details (i.e. Line number, line position, etc.) that allowed me to track down the actual issue when I added some debug code to the program.

Mike

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
I went ahead and fixed those two descriptions. Maybe an artifact from the forums update? Not a character one can normally put in for sure.

Thanks for letting us know!

Side note: I sent in the info to Mike on the psredit500 yahoo page about the encryption mode flags that were changed in the database, the DE/De etc. and is working on an update.

Last edited:

mikey60

There are others appearing as well on other systems. Lindsay thinks it has to do with the database update. He fixed a couple on the ARMER system in MN this morning. I've also reported a couple talkgroups on the Palmetto system this morning as well.

I'm having one issue on the encryption flags, but still trying to track that down.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.