New to Albuquerque Area Public Safety scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Hi Guys,
Just moved to Albuquerque from Nevada and getting my Uniden BCD536HP setup with Provoice scanning. I am a scanner hobbyist and would like to contribute to the forum. I am primarily interested in police and fire comms in my area East Downtown. I noticed allot of med flights in and out of the nearby hospitals. I don’t seem to be picking up ththe Helo Patient reports and I don’t seem to hear any of the hospitals listed using the county EDACS system? These should be provoice right? I am hearing regular EMS traffic on the UHF med channels though. Is there anything else I should have programmed in that I might be missing? I am able to hear AFD just fine as well as APD Valley and South east area on the EDACS system. Anything you can recommend for the Med Helos and Hospitals (specifically UNMH, Pres, Lovelace Downtown) would be much appreciated. Also, is anyone able to pickup Kirtland AFB FD or is this encrypted traffic?
Thanks in advance guys. Really appreciate it.
Rad 1

ChrisABQ

I'm not sure about the med channels, Albuquerque Ambulance operates on 462.950 and 462.975 and responds to almost all rescue requests in the city (Unit #55 on Edacs system). I believe the KAFB FD TG is a mutual aid TG that I've never heard traffic on. I believe all the base traffic is on their P25 system.

CorwinScansNM

Hi Guys,
Just moved to Albuquerque from Nevada and getting my Uniden BCD536HP setup with Provoice scanning. I am a scanner hobbyist and would like to contribute to the forum. I am primarily interested in police and fire comms in my area East Downtown. I noticed allot of med flights in and out of the nearby hospitals. I don’t seem to be picking up ththe Helo Patient reports and I don’t seem to hear any of the hospitals listed using the county EDACS system? These should be provoice right? I am hearing regular EMS traffic on the UHF med channels though. Is there anything else I should have programmed in that I might be missing? I am able to hear AFD just fine as well as APD Valley and South east area on the EDACS system. Anything you can recommend for the Med Helos and Hospitals (specifically UNMH, Pres, Lovelace Downtown) would be much appreciated. Also, is anyone able to pickup Kirtland AFB FD or is this encrypted traffic?
Thanks in advance guys. Really appreciate it.
Rad 1

http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...-sounding-use-active-anymore.html#post2848565

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
IFT flights wont do a patient report. Incoming facility already knows they're coming and the patient information.
At least half if not more of the flights inbound to UMC or PHS are going to be IFT flights from remote facilities and Rust, respectively.

Lately, i've been hearing more IFT dispatches on PHI's dispatch frequency then actual emergency dispatches, but that could be due to a lot of factors, mostly that im only scanning that frequency when i'm in the truck and off duty.

Actual inbound medical flights to any of the facilities will follow the same procedure as an inbound non AAS ambulance. They will call in to base on 2, request the frequency, give the report on the correct EMSCOMM ems-to-hospital channel, then clear on 2.

PHI does not carry EDACS radios in their birds. VHF and UHF frequency agile P25 capable radios only on every ship, and I hear some may also have 800mhz boards in there as well. Careflight probably has the same radios, although they may have 700/800mhz radios on board to use the state 700mhz system for futureproofing.
Native Air (south part of the state, mostly) has VHF/UHF/700/800 frequency agile P25 radios in all of their new birds. The newfangled one that uses the RF deck from the APX portable line.

Rad-1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply’s guys. Appreciate the info.
I am hearing the PHI dispatch traffic and the UHF Med channels are being used for inbound patient reports.
I am also occasianly hearing VHF ABQ air traffic helo control 123.025 used for comms between the Med flight and air traffic control. Announcing which hospital they are going.

CorwinScansNM

Thanks for the reply’s guys. Appreciate the info.
I am hearing the PHI dispatch traffic and the UHF Med channels are being used for inbound patient reports.
I am also occasianly hearing VHF ABQ air traffic helo control 123.025 used for comms between the Med flight and air traffic control. Announcing which hospital they are going.

You are welcome! You also had a frequency for them that I did not have but that you just specified as 123.025. I just programmed that one too on my digital scanner & shall see if I hear any additional communications from them that I was not before on that additional frequency that I now have along with the other freqs for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.