Sentinel does not write to scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjsbuff

My Sentinel program will not write to upgrade my scanner firmware. Nor will it update Favorites lists. It looks and acts like it's doing it (no error messages) I can even check the micro-disc while it is connected to the computer and it appears to have been successful. But when I disconnect the USB cable, it reverts to original firmware and Favorites lists. Any body have any suggestions as to what I might be missing here?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Run Clear User Data on the card, then write to scanner.

wjsbuff

Did that before and did it again. After write to was complete and while USB was still connected, I checked the micro card and it looked like it worked...Only 2 files in Favorites rather than the five old. But after disconnecting the USB, the scanner started scanning Old Favorites again. Re-checking the micro card, the old files were back on. WTH!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Current firmware version is 1.11.31
Current Sentinel version is 1.7.5

And I concur a new card is in order. Get a high endurance type.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
I vote "the card," too.

I've fixed a couple of x36 radios by changing the card. Unfortunately, it wasn't the first thing I tried, and it took me a long time to get around to changing it.

Besides, it's the cheapest and easiest thing to triage.

wjsbuff

I'll try the card switch. Will let you know. Thanks, everyone for the suggestions

wjsbuff

IT WORKED!! I formatted a new card and it accepted new firmware and new favorites from Sentinel. Thank you all for the help. Now if I can just find a wi-fi app that actually works.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.