BCD325P2 won't communicate with computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wbswetnam

I can't get a BCD325P2 to communicate with the computer. I followed the Wiki instructions on installing the driver, and Windows responded that the driver is already installed. Yet, I can't get either FreeScan or ProScan to communicate with the scanner. The autodetect tells me Port 3, but when I try to upload the program to the scanner, it says that there is no communication with the scanner. Yes, the scanner is turned on. What am I doing wrong?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Only time I've had that with mine it was a bad cable.. switched cables and everything was good.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wbswetnam

Only time I've had that with mine it was a bad cable.. switched cables and everything was good.

I've tried both the USB cable that came with it, and a different USB cable that I update my BC125AT with. Still, when I try the autodetect on Freescan, I get the same error message: "FreeScan could not communicate with the scanner."

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I've tried both the USB cable that came with it, and a different USB cable that I update my BC125AT with. Still, when I try the autodetect on Freescan, I get the same error message: "FreeScan could not communicate with the scanner."
Only other thing.. is gps enabled?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Looking at the port settings on the computer in device manager what are the port settings when you look at the port?

In addition to buddrousa question, I would power cycle the scanner. Also check that another program doesn't have the port opened.

JamesO

Power cycle the scanner and computer.

You mentioned the radio display indicated "No GPS Input".

I have not tried turning the GPS feature on in my 325P2, but try turning off the GPS feature and see what happens.

wbswetnam

Power cycle the scanner and computer.

You mentioned the radio display indicated "No GPS Input".

I have not tried turning the GPS feature on in my 325P2, but try turning off the GPS feature and see what happens.

I'm not sure there is a way to 'turn on' and 'turn off' the GPS. If a GPS is detected, it turns on automatically.

wbswetnam

When I try manually setting the port as COM4 and I press the "Test" button, very quickly FreeScan gives the message: "FreeScan could not communicate with the scanner, or the scanner is not recognized as being compatible. Response received: BCD325P2"

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Function and I believe 9.

No. The GPS is detected automatically if it is connected, and the baud rates of the scanner and GPS are set identically. There is no enable or disable GPS function, other than setting the scanner baud rate to OFF, or to a baud rate that doesn't match that of the GPS.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
When I try manually setting the port as COM4 and I press the "Test" button, very quickly FreeScan gives the message: "FreeScan could not communicate with the scanner, or the scanner is not recognized as being compatible. Response received: BCD325P2"

The fact that FreeScan received a response indicating you have a BCD325P2 indicates that the serial connection is fine; Freescan just doesn't know how to talk to the device on the other end of the serial cable for some reaon. Do you have the latest version of Freescan? Are there any DMR systems (which Freescan doesn't support) programmed in your scanner?

wbswetnam

The fact that FreeScan received a response indicating you have a BCD325P2 indicates that the serial connection is fine; Freescan just doesn't know how to talk to the device on the other end of the serial cable for some reaon. Do you have the latest version of Freescan? Are there any DMR systems (which Freescan doesn't support) programmed in your scanner?

I tried all of these steps on a different computer, with the same results. I downloaded the latest version of FreeScan and installed it, I downloaded the latest driver from Uniden and followed the Wiki instructions to install it, and still - the same results. I am thinking that maybe I got a radio with USB communication problems.

wbswetnam

OOOOOO K, I'm not sure what I did but now I got it working with ProScan. I was able to upload the Arkansas AWIN system to the radio. I wonder why I can't get FreeScan to work with it...? Oh well, I probably would have had to use ProScan anyway to set up the DMR channels. Anyway I have it working some now.

Status
Not open for further replies.