Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmccarter

Premium Subscriber
Thinking of swapping my trx-1 for a bcd436 or 536., not sure how to go about it. An inperson swap would of course. Be best. But failing to get that, would i be better off buying a used unit then selling mine. Do not know.i i could safely handle a swap with finding some type middle man. Open to suggestions.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Amazon Warehouse Deals has open box merchandise in like-new condition for substantial discounts. I've gotten a like-new 436 and a 536 from AWD, and paid about $75 below retail for each. AWD is only listed as a seller when they have open box units available. Check these pages periodically, both the 436 and 536 are available cheap right now:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00HZOW5K2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00I33XDAK/

You also get Amazon's customer service, return policy, money-back guarantee, etc.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Agree the more radios the better.......

+1. It can be vital to have multiple radios during a big incident, makes it much easier to follow what's going on. This is especially true if you need to monitor multiple talkgroups/frequencies on multiple radio systems used by different jurisdictions.

DJ11DLN

If you weren't so far away I would be happy to meet somewhere and swap you a new-in-box 436 for your TRX-1. Bought two when Walmart was nearly giving them away that time...I've since concluded that one, to use with GPS when traveling, is all of those I'll ever need.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have bought many new scanners and sold the older, outdated ones on eBay to help cover my cost and have had good luck with this.

Whenever doing trades or selling/buying in person I suggest doing it in a very public place, preferably a police station. There are agencies in my area with locations for this specific activity which includes video coverage. Most LE agencies would rather you do it there safely than to have to deal with a confrontation or robbery.

Status
Not open for further replies.