PC APP UPDATE 1/18/18 - 1pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -
Happy Thursday!

There will be an update to the PC APP (ONLY) today at approx. 1pm Central time.
The Whistler website will be updated ASAP.

Here are the release notes for the update.

* Fixed issue with the Delete Multiple button on the trunked systems tab not adjusting position when the screen is resized.

* Fixed an issue where talkgroup IDs were not being displayed properly for EDACS, LTR, and some NXDN systems in the Scanlist tab.

* Fixed issue when rounding frequencies based on bandplan between 450MHz and 470MHz.

* Fixed an issue with loading Backlight/LED presets where the app was loading the incorrect colors for Red and Blue.

* Added option to sort the site list on the trunked system screen. This sort is on-screen only.

* Corrected issue with conventional P25 transmissions showing talkgroup IDs as Wildcard!

* Fixed an issue with Clipboard/CSV import for talkgroup objects where the record flag was being set to the opposite value that should have been set.

* Fixed an issue with Clipboard/CSV import for talkgroup objects where the Scanlists option was not present in the field pull-down listing.

* Updated help file.

* Fixed an issue where the Location Based scanlist names were still being displayed in the app when the selected bandplan was not set to United States.

* Fixed issue where scanlists were not being updated when changed in the conventional objects listing until the next restart or file transfer.

jimform2k1

Thanks for the release notes!

Hi everyone -
Happy Thursday!

There will be an update to the PC APP (ONLY) today at approx. 1pm Central time.
The Whistler website will be updated ASAP.

Here are the release notes for the update.

* Fixed issue with the Delete Multiple button on the trunked systems tab not adjusting position when the screen is resized.

* Fixed an issue where talkgroup IDs were not being displayed properly for EDACS, LTR, and some NXDN systems in the Scanlist tab.

* Fixed issue when rounding frequencies based on bandplan between 450MHz and 470MHz.

* Fixed an issue with loading Backlight/LED presets where the app was loading the incorrect colors for Red and Blue.

* Added option to sort the site list on the trunked system screen. This sort is on-screen only.

* Corrected issue with conventional P25 transmissions showing talkgroup IDs as Wildcard!

* Fixed an issue with Clipboard/CSV import for talkgroup objects where the record flag was being set to the opposite value that should have been set.

* Fixed an issue with Clipboard/CSV import for talkgroup objects where the Scanlists option was not present in the field pull-down listing.

* Updated help file.

* Fixed an issue where the Location Based scanlist names were still being displayed in the app when the selected bandplan was not set to United States.

* Fixed issue where scanlists were not being updated when changed in the conventional objects listing until the next restart or file transfer.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Anyone else getting a series of errors and the inability to perform said update...? I've attempted 3 times with no success.

I'm getting a "access violation" popup, then "error opening file" box. I've also noticed recently that the software seems to freeze and/or gives me popups that say "only one instance of program can be open at a time" when I'm not attempting to open it twice.

I'm guessing this has something to do with a windows update that went through a couple of weeks ago...

Any thoughts...? Thank you in advance.

troymail

Silent Key
Anyone else getting a series of errors and the inability to perform said update...? I've attempted 3 times with no success.

I'm getting a "access violation" popup, then "error opening file" box. I've also noticed recently that the software seems to freeze and/or gives me popups that say "only one instance of program can be open at a time" when I'm not attempting to open it twice.

I'm guessing this has something to do with a windows update that went through a couple of weeks ago...

Any thoughts...? Thank you in advance.

Updated earlier today - no issues.

I am noticing some (other) apps are slower than in the past but I think that has more to do with recent MS updates for the chip flaw security holes....we were warned that some PCs will seem to slow down or have other issues after that update....

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hmm... Thanks Troy. Guess I'll try it another time and see what happens.

I've heard that you should probably avoid windows updates if at all possible and I've been trying, but somehow one got by me.

troymail

Silent Key
Hmm... Thanks Troy. Guess I'll try it another time and see what happens.

I've heard that you should probably avoid windows updates if at all possible and I've been trying, but somehow one got by me.

If you're concerned about security - you shouldn't avoid the updates!

I have 4 machines here and I've only had minor issues with the updates for Windows 10... but nothing I couldn't recover from.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
They just seem to screw up plugins/drivers and software operations on a few of my programs so I'm leery of them. And I've had no issues with the EZscan programs until now.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
If you were advised to avoid Windows updates I would cease taking advice from the person who told you that. In all seriousness, that is poor advice. Updates should be applied as they patch security flaws and help keep your machine from being vulnerable to issues, as Troy said.

Windows updates shouldn't cause problems with software - if it's working before an update (i.e. patch of the same OS version) it should work after.

I'm having no issues with EZScan myself on more than one machine. You may need to delete and reinstall. Also if you haven't rebooted your computer in awhile that would be advised, too.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply 03. It's not as though it completely screws stuff up, I just notice little annoying things happen once in a while. As I said, the program has worked just fine but those dialog boxes now appear whereas they never had before. I have no idea whether any update did anything, it was just speculation born of coincidence.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
The thing about how you can only have one instance running makes me think it didn't completely release it when you closed it before so it thinks it is still running. A restart/reboot will typically solve that. If you are seeing it after a reboot, however, that is definitely strange. In that situation I'd uninstall EZScan, restart the computer, and reinstall EZScan.

SirSkinny

Australian band plan

Missing the Australian band plan again for the WS1095/1098
had to revert back to 2.24, they must not check there bug reports.

--
SirSkinny

TAbirdman

Great work at Whistler. Now if you could add the option of justifying the Alpha tag left, center and right, it would be great.
Did you send this suggestion to Wendy's suggestion email? ?? It would get noticed there and maybe not in this thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Steveofcleve

Premium Subscriber
Justification of Alpha Tag

I have submitted this idea several times without response or action. Hopefully it may seen here and draw positive response and action by Whistler. Great products, support and service just hopefully looking for them to incorporate this upgrade.

TAbirdman

I have submitted this idea several times without response or action. Hopefully it may seen here and draw positive response and action by Whistler. Great products, support and service just hopefully looking for them to incorporate this upgrade.
Ok. I remember wendy saying something like they get and catalog the suggestions but may not reply.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.