Help with city changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creo

I live in Midlothian, Texas 76065 and had been able to pick up my cities channels up until late last year. I have heard that they spent $100k on new Motorola equipment via a city council meeting.

I updated everything on my scanner today via Sentinel and it still does not pick up anything from Midlothian.

It shows this information here:

Midlothian

Fort Worth Regional Radio System
Project 25 Phase II Midlothian Public Safety has moved to this system.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
154.98000 WNJZ866 RM F13 NAC Midl PD Disp Police Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
154.98000 WNJZ866 RM 110.9 PL Midl PD Ana Police Dispatch, Analog FM Law Dispatch
151.46000 WNKN392 RM F13 NAC Midl FD Dig Fire Dispatch (Primary on Digital) P25 Fire Dispatch
151.46000 WNKN392 RM 110.9 PL Midl FD Disp Fire Dispatch FMN Fire Dispatch
153.87500 WNKZ370 RM 110.9 PL Midl PW/PD Public Works, Police Backup FMN Multi-Dispatch

I cannot figure out how to add Fort Worth Regional Radio System and do not know what to do to make my scanner pick up Midlothian again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

marksmith

$100k would not buy much. Certainly not a new phase 2 P25 system. The frequencies you list are not P25.

They might have purchased some new radios to use the Fort Worth system, but again, those frequencies are not that system.

You need to program the Fort Worth P25 Phase 2 system.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

bltaylor86

Not knowing how much experience you have the the 536 you should check out BCDX36HP Sentinel Software Manual (paste in link if it's not hot here).

You should only need to create a FL in sentinel and add the Forth Worth System to that FL. Use location control or you can use zip code with the entire DB on. I would recommend looking through the link some and general playing around with the scanner to get familiar with it. Hopefully someone with better knowledge will help you out as well.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Did you write to scanner from Sentinel? if not, none of the updates have actually made it to the scanner yet. Once you have all the updates written to the scanner, go to the scanner menu:

Menu - Set Scan Selection - Select Lists To Monitor, then toggle Full Database to On.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I cannot figure out how to add Fort Worth Regional Radio System and do not know what to do to make my scanner pick up Midlothian again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have updated your scanner by following the instructions on page 17 of your owner's manual, the Fort Worth Regional Radio System is already in your scanner.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I live in Midlothian, Texas 76065 and had been able to pick up my cities channels up until late last year. I have heard that they spent $100k on new Motorola equipment via a city council meeting.

I updated everything on my scanner today via Sentinel and it still does not pick up anything from Midlothian.

It shows this information here:

Midlothian

Fort Worth Regional Radio System
Project 25 Phase II Midlothian Public Safety has moved to this system.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
154.98000 WNJZ866 RM F13 NAC Midl PD Disp Police Dispatch P25 Law Dispatch
154.98000 WNJZ866 RM 110.9 PL Midl PD Ana Police Dispatch, Analog FM Law Dispatch
151.46000 WNKN392 RM F13 NAC Midl FD Dig Fire Dispatch (Primary on Digital) P25 Fire Dispatch
151.46000 WNKN392 RM 110.9 PL Midl FD Disp Fire Dispatch FMN Fire Dispatch
153.87500 WNKZ370 RM 110.9 PL Midl PW/PD Public Works, Police Backup FMN Multi-Dispatch

Are you scanning with a Favorites list, or by location and the main database.

If using location & the main database, make sure that you have the current database in Sentinel, and that you have also written that over to the scanner.

If you are using a Favorites list, you can append FWRRS from the main database to your current list. That will bring over all of FWRRS, which includes most Tarrant County cities, as well as Johnson County, along with Grand Prairie & Irving.

Attached is a file for just Midlothian, that you can import into Sentinel. I'm listening to them, as well as Red Oak, from my home in Dallas. To use this file, first you need to save it to your PC. Note where it is being saved.

Once you have it saved, you will need to use a file utility such as WinZip or 7-Zip to open the Midlothian.zip file and extract the *.hpe file Midlothian.hpe.

Once you have the Midlothian.hpe file, go into Sentinel.
Click on File (at the top left corner)
From the drop-down File menu, select Import from hpe file...
You'll get a pop-up window o select the file. Browse to where you saved the *.zip file and the extracted Midlothian.hpe file
Select the hpe file

Sentinel will give you the option to import the file and either add it to an existing Favorites list, or create a new list. If you are using a Favorites list already, let it be imported to that.

Once you've imported it, write the updated Favorites list to the scanner. (If you elected to add it to a new Favorites list, be sure that your profile is set to download the list to the scanner and monitor it.)

In FWRRS in the Database, the Midlothian site is among the others on that system, and the talkgroups are grouped under Ellis County. For the file I attached, I only have the Midlothian site, and have separated the agencies that use the site. It is also set to ID Search, because I'm seeing other talkgroups pop up from time to time. These are not in the main database yet, and while I have not reviewed all traffic on the system, somne of them are additional law enforcement or fire talkgroups. But I have not caught a specific channel designation for them.

Also, you will occasionally hear conversations between ambulances & certain hospitals. In the Others category, I have a couple of them locked out, along with Red Oak ISD PD. These EMS transmissions appear to be, mostly, from units in Johnson County, or southern Tarrant County, where they have a better signal path to the Midlothian sites than they do to their home sites. You can either let them come across, or lock them out (avaid them) as you wish.

Attachments

• Midlothian.zip
    750 bytes · Views: 4

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
$100k would not buy much. Certainly not a new phase 2 P25 system. The frequencies you list are not P25.

They might have purchased some new radios to use the Fort Worth system, but again, those frequencies are not that system.

You need to program the Fort Worth P25 Phase 2 system.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others
Midlothian is site 1(1)-010 on FWRRS.

Currently, Midlothian & Red Oak are using P25 Phase I on their talkgroups, but some (by no means all_) of the other users on FWRRS are using Phase II.

Creo

Did you write to scanner from Sentinel? if not, none of the updates have actually made it to the scanner yet. Once you have all the updates written to the scanner, go to the scanner menu:

Menu - Set Scan Selection - Select Lists To Monitor, then toggle Full Database to On.

I did not write to scanner as it appeared that it updated automatically, just did that and it looks like it is picking up Ft. Worth Regional now.

Creo

Are you scanning with a Favorites list, or by location and the main database.

If using location & the main database, make sure that you have the current database in Sentinel, and that you have also written that over to the scanner.

If you are using a Favorites list, you can append FWRRS from the main database to your current list. That will bring over all of FWRRS, which includes most Tarrant County cities, as well as Johnson County, along with Grand Prairie & Irving.

Attached is a file for just Midlothian, that you can import into Sentinel. I'm listening to them, as well as Red Oak, from my home in Dallas. To use this file, first you need to save it to your PC. Note where it is being saved.

Once you have it saved, you will need to use a file utility such as WinZip or 7-Zip to open the Midlothian.zip file and extract the *.hpe file Midlothian.hpe.

Once you have the Midlothian.hpe file, go into Sentinel.
Click on File (at the top left corner)
From the drop-down File menu, select Import from hpe file...
You'll get a pop-up window o select the file. Browse to where you saved the *.zip file and the extracted Midlothian.hpe file
Select the hpe file

Sentinel will give you the option to import the file and either add it to an existing Favorites list, or create a new list. If you are using a Favorites list already, let it be imported to that.

Once you've imported it, write the updated Favorites list to the scanner. (If you elected to add it to a new Favorites list, be sure that your profile is set to download the list to the scanner and monitor it.)

In FWRRS in the Database, the Midlothian site is among the others on that system, and the talkgroups are grouped under Ellis County. For the file I attached, I only have the Midlothian site, and have separated the agencies that use the site. It is also set to ID Search, because I'm seeing other talkgroups pop up from time to time. These are not in the main database yet, and while I have not reviewed all traffic on the system, somne of them are additional law enforcement or fire talkgroups. But I have not caught a specific channel designation for them.

Also, you will occasionally hear conversations between ambulances & certain hospitals. In the Others category, I have a couple of them locked out, along with Red Oak ISD PD. These EMS transmissions appear to be, mostly, from units in Johnson County, or southern Tarrant County, where they have a better signal path to the Midlothian sites than they do to their home sites. You can either let them come across, or lock them out (avaid them) as you wish.

I'm pretty new to this but with your detailed instructions I think I can follow them and just get the local channels out of the Ft. Worth Regional group.

Many thanks.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm pretty new to this but with your detailed instructions I think I can follow them and just get the local channels out of the Ft. Worth Regional group.

Many thanks.
This may help you. That document is a more detailed, step by step, set of instructions, with screenshots, that I created for someone in the Houston metro area. It shows how you can append a system from the database, including a large regional system such as TxWARN P25, then easily whittle it down to what you actually need.

The same principles would apply to FWRRS, just not as many sites to deal with. From your location, you should also have good reception from the Johnson County layer of FWRRS, if that interests you. You could also add Johnson County, but restrict the parts you scan to just Fire, or law enforcement, or your 'neighbors' Venus & Alvarado.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I did not write to scanner as it appeared that it updated automatically, just did that and it looks like it is picking up Ft. Worth Regional now.

Nothing is updated to the scanner automatically. It all happens when you click Write To Scanner.

Creo

This may help you. That document is a more detailed, step by step, set of instructions, with screenshots, that I created for someone in the Houston metro area. It shows how you can append a system from the database, including a large regional system such as TxWARN P25, then easily whittle it down to what you actually need.

The same principles would apply to FWRRS, just not as many sites to deal with. From your location, you should also have good reception from the Johnson County layer of FWRRS, if that interests you. You could also add Johnson County, but restrict the parts you scan to just Fire, or law enforcement, or your 'neighbors' Venus & Alvarado.

Very interesting and helpful.

This is a very good forum, ya'll do an excellent job. Thank you for the replies and polite, patient help.

Status
Not open for further replies.