Best Software For Importing Data From RR, for Uniden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
What is your favorite software when it comes to importing data from RR for your Uniden scanner?

I've have FreeScan, and licensed copies of ARC-XT and ProScan that I use with my BCD996P2. Generally I like all three, depending on what I'm doing at the moment, but I'm trying to settle on one. The most important feature to me is a powerful, flexible yet easy to use data import function. Please list your Pros & Cons between them.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I vote for ProScan, as it will work with most Uniden scanners, including the 436 and 536.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
PROSCAN does everything for my 15's 15x's 996p2's I could want including control and log more than 1 scanner at a time.

For the most part, I agree. I use it not only for my BCD996P2, but also a BCD996XT, and BCT15X as well. The only part I find a little confusing is the RR data import. I logged into to RR, chose the country, state, county, etc. I got as far as selecting two systems, but couldn't find my way to any talk groups. Might have something to do with getting only 2-3 hours sleep per night for the last couple of weeks. I can do this using Butel's ARC-XT, and FreSCAN with no problem. What am I missing? :confused:

kb7gjy

Feed Provider
I too have all three, I vote PROSCAN. I have ARC536Pro,which has a few nice options but I love Proscan. It just beats it hands down. The support is 110%, unlike Freescan. Freescan is not as "finished". I also tried the Uniden software for the BCT15X (2 of them), yikes it is truly awful. Arc, is a ok program, but seems to be more difficult to do what I want. Between streaming, recording, favorites, Proscan is the only way to fly. On my BCDx36HP I use sentinal to import and then do fine tuning with proscan. While Proscan has many areas I love, using both uniden and proscan together works the best for me. On the BCT15x I just convert everything over from the 536 data to the 15X.

On talk groups, I don't have much to offer as they are not used much in my area.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
For the most part, I agree. I use it not only for my BCD996P2, but also a BCD996XT, and BCT15X as well. The only part I find a little confusing is the RR data import. I logged into to RR, chose the country, state, county, etc. I got as far as selecting two systems, but couldn't find my way to any talk groups. Might have something to do with getting only 2-3 hours sleep per night for the last couple of weeks. I can do this using Butel's ARC-XT, and FreSCAN with no problem. What am I missing? :confused:

Click the "Get Data" button after you picked the items in the drop down box. The Tree View will populate with the System, Sites, Groups, & Channels. Click a group node to view the TGID channels.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Does ProScan show the P25 error rate like the FreeScan software does?
I have been able to make my listening experience much better by being able to look at the error rate and adjust my antennas accordingly at my office.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Proscan shows everything the scanner display does, and then some. You press the same button sequence on the scanner UI in ProScan, and see the same data display in ProScan you see on the scanner display.

NYRHKY94

iMonitor:

I've had a couple Proscan licenses for several years now and personally believe it's the best "all-in-one" package on the market for Unidens (including importing from RR). The robust remote & control functionality can't be beat. When you throw in the Proscan client and his excellent RadioFeed software for streaming, I think Bob has provided a terrific set of tools for the hobbyist. His support has also been excellent in my experience. Just my 2-cents :)

Mike

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Click the "Get Data" button after you picked the items in the drop down box. The Tree View will populate with the System, Sites, Groups, & Channels. Click a group node to view the TGID channels.

Thanks Bob. I'll thought I did that, but again, I haven't been doing well lately. Not much sleep in weeks and medication combined can make the simplest things seem difficult. I'll give it another look.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
After taking another look, I got it! Not only does it work, it's more versatile and flexible than anything else out there!

ProScan is my 'Go To' software for everything now!

Status
Not open for further replies.