• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G4 Won't Connect to Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
I recently acquired a brand-new G4. First of all, here's the system I'm trying to program: Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) (P25) Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

Anyway, the unit doesn't seem to want to connect to the system, despite the fact that I can receive all of the sites for my county (Brazos) fine on all of my scanners. It keeps flashing "OUT OF RANGE". I've quadruple-checked all of the frequencies, and they are all correct. Am I missing something?

troymail

Silent Key
Did you enter the site ID as HEX or decimal?

Kevin is correct.... make sure the WACN, SysID, RFSS, and Site values are all entered correctly -- or apply wildcard values:

WACN: FFFFF
SysID: FFF
RFSS: FF
Site: FF

If your source of these values is Radio Reference, there is also the possibility that what is listed is incorrect (it has happened to me many times!) and you'll have to use wildcards (or a capable scanner) to determine the true values.

One other (extreme) possibility that probably doesn't affect you - some systems just won't work on a Unication - some of us believe we've gotten that narrowed down to systems that do not send their bandplan/trunking table data in the control channel.

Last edited:

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Kevin is correct.... make sure the WACN, SysID, RFSS, and Site values are all entered correctly -- or apply wildcard values:

WACN: FFFFF
SysID: FFF
RFSS: FF
Site: FF

If your source of these values is Radio Reference, there is also the possibility that what is listed is incorrect and you'll have to use wildcards (or a capable scanner) to determine the true values.

1A7 info is correct in the RR database.

troymail

Silent Key
If you know you have the correct control channel frequency (i.e. your scanner is receiving it on that frequency) but you're getting out of range, the best thing to do is simply program all 4 of these as wildcards and have the radio tell you the correct values.... and then, if it wasn't your typo, submit the correct values for the next person!

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
What site are you trying to use. I monitor this system daily and I can help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m just interested in the Brazos County sites. As for the system ID stuff, here’s what I put in:
29d76e89cb392d1716645ed8dec7ce89.jpg

jmontes77029

Use the number in parentheses for the site. You are using the decimal but should be using the hex one. For example the Bryan one should be 15 not 21

mfn002

Premium Subscriber
Looks like you used the decimal values for the SITEs - they need to be hexadecimal.

Bryan is 15 not 21
College Station is 16 not 22

etc.

Thanks. I forgot about that. I finally got it working, but now it's receiving all of the TGs in the system, even ones I have not programmed in. I have each of the channels set to "Trunk TG Monitor". Should this be different?

Status
Not open for further replies.