leh pd new radio system

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaritimeMatt

I just read an article and it said they are upgrading the LEH township pd dispatch by purchasing a $1.2 million radio system from Motorola to upgrade from a 500 megahertz frequency to a 700 megahertz frequency that is compatible with Stafford township, Barnegat and Long Beach. I just purchased a Home Patrol 1. Will this scanner still receive on the new system? Thx.

elias1988

Feed Provider
From reading the article this sounds like they are purchasing new radio equipment and/or equipment to add a site to the new county 700 MHz system similar to what Jackson Township will do. Nothing is pending with FCC for new frequencies yet. The county system is Phase II digital and it won't work with the Home Patrol 1.

https://thesandpaper.villagesoup.co...committee-discusses-garbage-ordinance/1717755

The committee approved upgrading the township police department dispatch by purchasing a $1.2 million radio system from Motorola Systems Inc.

Police Lt. Troy Bezak said the system upgrade was needed because the 500-megahertz frequency of the previous system was getting interference from Baltimore and Boston TV frequencies. “We’ve had some scary situations in the past where communications needed to be better,” he said. The new system will operate on a 700-megahertz frequency that is compatible with Stafford, Barnegat and Long Beach Township area police and fire systems, said Bezak. “Ocean County has a similar system,” he said. Little Egg also dispatches for Tuckerton under a shared-services agreement.

Last edited:

MaritimeMatt

So what we need to find is an electronics brain who can build us something to convert the encryption to ledge-able dialogue. I'm sure there is someone out there already doing this.

W2SJW

Database Admin
So what we need to find is an electronics brain who can build us something to convert the encryption to ledge-able dialogue. I'm sure there is someone out there already doing this.

What you are hoping for is never going to happen, as it's a violation of federal law to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.