Scanning two ranges with two sdr`s in one program

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpringHill

Im wondering how i can use two RTL-SDR dongles to scan two different frequency ranges in a single program. Sorry ahead if this is a dumb question! Ive been fooling around with a few different softwares: SDR# and SDRconsole V.3, and i havnt been able to find a way to have the software load up multiple dongles.

Thanks for any help!!

SpringHill

Sorry, my terminology may be a bit off. But yes, the dongle is scanning a “range” is it not. It’s scanning it’s 1khz spread is it not? Basically I want to be able to load up two dongles and be able to listen to different frequency’s in different ranges at the same time independent of one another. Say one listens to UHF and one VHF. Not having one one dongle listen to both and the program “scanning” them.

I guess I want real time audio from two sources on two different ranges without one or the other being walked on by “scanning”. Does any of this make sense? My apologies if not!

Ryangn

What you could do is open up one instance of your software of choice with one dongle and have it scan what you would like and then open up a second instance of your software of choice with the other dongle and have it scan what you would like. I hope that helps.

slicerwizard

Sorry, my terminology may be a bit off. But yes, the dongle is scanning a “range” is it not. It’s scanning it’s 1khz spread is it not?
Dongles monitor far more than 1 kHz - more like 2+ MHz chunks. Individual monitored signals cover about 6 to 20 kHz of spectrum.

Basically I want to be able to load up two dongles and be able to listen to different frequency’s in different ranges at the same time independent of one another. Say one listens to UHF and one VHF. Not having one one dongle listen to both and the program “scanning” them.

I guess I want real time audio from two sources on two different ranges without one or the other being walked on by “scanning”. Does any of this make sense? My apologies if not!
The FMP/FMP24 programs that come with DSD+ control a single dongle, but can be run multiple times with each instance controlling a separate dongle. Some users have been known to take it to extremes.

https://communications.support/threads/14578-DSD-FL-Release-2-71

Status
Not open for further replies.