BCT15X: BCT15X Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangle

I purchased a new BCT15X scanner to replace a BCT8 scanner that I have in my jeep. After installing I come to learn that the display is difficult to view in the daylight. I never had this problem with the BCT8 as it was viewable on the dashboard of the jeep. I have made different settings changes and it still is hard to see the display. Is there an answer to this problem?

Disappointed!

RBMTS

Menu / Settings / Set Backlight. Did you look to see if it is set to the highest brightness?

wtp

you could try this.

Adjust Contrast
Select one of the 15 available contrast levels for the display. As you scroll through the options, the display adjusts to the highlighted contrast level; press YES when you see the display contrast you want to use.
from
BCT15XSettings < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

bojangle

I have selected the highest brightness setting on the scanner. I tried to use the contrast level adjustment but failed to press YES for the selection. I pressed the function button instead. I will try again. Thanks for the help.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I purchased a new BCT15X scanner to replace a BCT8 scanner that I have in my jeep. After installing I come to learn that the display is difficult to view in the daylight. Is there an answer to this problem?

Try fabricating some kind of shaded hood and fit it to the front of the radio with velcro.

Status
Not open for further replies.