GSP Troop D, Post 1 (Griffin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexwo

Premium Subscriber
For the past year or so, GSP Troop D, Post 1 has been broadcasting on a DNR channel at 151.22 in FMN mode. It is a very active Post in terms of radio traffic. As of several weeks ago, 151.22 is now silent. Does anyone know where Post 1 is now broadcasting? The RR database does not reflect any change. I'm assuming that Post 1 is now broadcasting on a P25 channel. Any information would be appreciated. Happy New Year to all.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
GSP Post 1

Alex,

While travelling on I-85 on the 1/13-14, I overheard several transmissions on the GSP Post 1 (Griffin) frequency listed here in the RRDB. I didn't know about the DNR frequency but did have all the west Georgia GSP frequencies - LaGrange, Newnan, Manchester, Griffin, etc. - loaded in my scanner and the "Griffin" channel was very active.

Mike
Metrofire31
Franklin, NC

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
For the past year or so, GSP Troop D, Post 1 has been broadcasting on a DNR channel at 151.22 in FMN mode. It is a very active Post in terms of radio traffic. As of several weeks ago, 151.22 is now silent. Does anyone know where Post 1 is now broadcasting? The RR database does not reflect any change. I'm assuming that Post 1 is now broadcasting on a P25 channel. Any information would be appreciated. Happy New Year to all.

I’m showing a FB2 in Griffin under DPS’s FRN in the FCC ULS database. It was granted 8-16-2017 so this may be it. Try it and see if you hear anything and report back. Thank you! :)

Freq. Input License
154.1675 156.0825 KIB591

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"Calm down, it's just a radio.”

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Database on here is inaccurate, it shows the analog DNR freq. as GSP Griffin (Post 1) That was in use until a few weeks ago.

Mr. Adam's information is correct.

Alexwo

Premium Subscriber
GSP Troup D Post 1

Mike, thanks for your post. The lack of traffic on 155.22 (the listed frequency for this Post) may be more recent than your travels on I-85 on Jan 13 and 14. Will investigate further.

Alexwo

Premium Subscriber
Griffin Post

Gentlemen, thank you for the information. I will report back once I have tried the other frequency.

Alex

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Here is the FRN for DPS, 0001849843. Any frequencies applied for by DPS should show up under their FRN. Look for any frequency with FB2 and that's a repeater. Same for DNR, 0001849785 and GFC, 0001849801. That's always been the easiest way for me.

Alexwo

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed information re GSP Griffin Post 1

GSP Post 1 in Griffin has changed from 151.22 NFM to 154.1675 P25 with a NAC of 485.

The RR database has the new frequency but does not show that it is P25 with a NAC of 485. Perhaps someone can notify the appropriate person to update this information.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
GSP Post 1 in Griffin has changed from 151.22 NFM to 154.1675 P25 with a NAC of 485.

The RR database has the new frequency but does not show that it is P25 with a NAC of 485. Perhaps someone can notify the appropriate person to update this information.

Yes, I am the one that said it changed to 154.1675. You can see that on the FCC license for DPS. Thank you for the confirmation. I am the one who updated the database with the new frequency. I will make sure the NAC is also updated.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"I’m just here for the radios ok?”

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber

Also, the 151.220 DNR repeater isn’t location in Griffin nor was it ever. That was incorrect information. The 151.220 DNR repeater for that area is located in just south of Stockbridge in Henry County off of I75. Always make sure to double check info on the RR database with the FCC database. I am actively trying to correct all these mistakes but it will take me some time. I’ve also submitted a request to update the NAC on the GSP repeater for Griffin.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413

Alexwo

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe I said the 151.22 repeater was in Griffin. I have no idea where the repeaters are located. That is the repeater that GSP Post 1 used until several weeks ago.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
I don't believe I said the 151.22 repeater was in Griffin. I have no idea where the repeaters are located. That is the repeater that GSP Post 1 used until several weeks ago.

I understand. I just stated that because it was labeled Griffin. That’s all.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413

Status
Not open for further replies.