Commonwealth of PA Statewide(?) Moto-TRBO System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Yesterday I discovered a Cap+ system on 453.2125 while in Middletown, Dauphin County. This freq was 03/04. A quick search landed me WQIE500 which is licensed to the state with sites throughout the commonwealth. I heard activity on TG9 but wasn't in the area long enough to figure out the entire channel layout. Searching 453.2125 showed me that the state has different licenses for these freqs throughout the state.

I am posting this here in hopes that people will do some hunting themselves and we can figure out what this system is and who uses it.

W3DMV

453.2125 is the UCALL (Interop) frequency. The state and many counties
have a licenses for this frequency but none of them are licensed for
DMR.
perhaps your receiving a image frequency. There is many DMR stations
in the Harrisburg area, mostly Uhf repeaters operated by two-way companies...

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Nope, I don't think it is an image. I programmed 453.2125 into my XPR7550 for TG 9 and heard traffic on there clear as day throughout Dauphin County. I also noticed that none of the licenses have DMR emissions but I can provide a few examples of agencies using DMR on analog provisioned licenses.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
Nope, I don't think it is an image. I programmed 453.2125 into my XPR7550 for TG 9 and heard traffic on there clear as day throughout Dauphin County. I also noticed that none of the licenses have DMR emissions but I can provide a few examples of agencies using DMR on analog provisioned licenses.
Berks and Lebanon have the utac repeaters for NFM use. There 24/7 online, will test them for dmr emissions after work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Twister_2

Feed Provider
I'm not hearing anything today from Lower Paxton Twp on 453.2125. It was around 4pm last night that I discovered this and I was monitoring TG 9 until about 5pm.

scan-pa

RRDB Admin
Database Admin
I'm not hearing anything today from Lower Paxton Twp on 453.2125. It was around 4pm last night that I discovered this and I was monitoring TG 9 until about 5pm.
What color code?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday I discovered a Cap+ system on 453.2125 while in Middletown, Dauphin County. This freq was 03/04. A quick search landed me WQIE500 which is licensed to the state with sites throughout the commonwealth. I heard activity on TG9 but wasn't in the area long enough to figure out the entire channel layout. Searching 453.2125 showed me that the state has different licenses for these freqs throughout the state.

I am posting this here in hopes that people will do some hunting themselves and we can figure out what this system is and who uses it.

Are you sure it was even a state agency ? The reason I'm asking is that I've already monitored school bus' from out of the area utilizing the UTAC's.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
I can assure you there is no "statewide" Commonwealth of PA TRBO system being implemented. I would suspect a local entity or an out of area user as mentioned above. The state UTAC license is for the analog repeaters all over the state that they linked to STARNET years ago.

Twister_2

Feed Provider
Are you sure it was even a state agency ? The reason I'm asking is that I've already monitored school bus' from out of the area utilizing the UTAC's.

I am not sure that it is a state agency and I never was. I summarized my process above.

This is not simplex; it's a repeater, specifically channels 3 and 4 of a Cap+ system. I've noticed a few trends over the past two days, though. When I first discovered it, I was in a parking lot at PSU Middletown directly across the river from Reeser's Summit. It was very strong while in the car with the USB dongle (which rarely shows strong signals unless you're very near the transmitter). On my XPR at PSU it was strong too. Up in Hummelstown, it is much less strong with the XPR. I can't hear it at all with the dongle. My guess is it's somewhere south of my location in Hummelstown but not on Reeser's because I think I would have better reception if it were.

Also of note, ScanPA was unable to receive the repeater in Lebanon when I was able to confirm it was transmitting from here in Hummelstown. So that might rule out any Lebanon Co area locations.

I will now monitor in analog and attempt to listen for and copy a CW ID for further info.

Status
Not open for further replies.