New Scanner Radio Tutorial Podcast: Scanner School

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Are you new to scanning and have questions about the hobby?
Are you someone that knows the basics but is lost when it comes to Trunking?
Confused about P25 and are you looking for information on other digital modes?

Welcome to Scanner School - a weekly podcast that explains everything you need to know about the scanner radio hobby.

Scanner School was launched on January 2, 2018, and since we are just starting the tutorials, all of the sessions are for those who are just starting with the hobby. As the sessions progress and the new users graduate into more advanced users, we'll cover more advanced topics.

New podcast sessions are scheduled to be released each Tuesday. We have 5 sessions out so far:

1. Introduction to Scanner School and who I am.
  2. Frequencies and Measuring them in Hertz
  3. Carrier Squelch, Tone Squelch, Digital Tone Squelch
  4. Simplex, Duplex, and Repeater Transmission
  5. AM, FM, SSB (USB & LSB), NFM, and WBFM

At this time, I think I've covered the basics and theory of scanning and laid some decent groundwork for future discussions.

Our upcoming sessions include everything you need to know about Trunking, each Trunking Technology, and then we will get into the digital modes (P25, DMR, NXDN, etc)

Please let me know what you think of the podcast and if you have any suggestions for future episodes. I have enough ideas to run through 60 or so sessions at this time!

I am also looking for guests to join the podcast!
  • If you want to tell your story on how you use scanners, please let me know.
  • If you are employed and work as a trunk system admin, I think sharing some of the back room discussions would be of interest to the listener base.
  • If your job uses scanners, I would also love to have you on for a discussion.
  • I would also be very interested in interviewing some of the members of the Radio Reference Team, because you guys maintain a great platform. I've been a fan since the "Trunked Radio" days!

You can subscribe to Scanner School on iTunes, Stitcher, GooglePlay, or via our website- www.scannerschool.com

I hope you'll join us every Tuesday for a new episode and check the website for upcoming tutorials and radio reviews.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.