Morrow/Lake City Old Public Safety Frequencies???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttabean

Im hearing radio tests and kerchunking of radios and a new repeater courtesy tone on 154.0700Mhz(Morrow Fire Disp) and kerchunking on 158.7900Mhz(Lake City PD) frequencies as if theyre prepping them to be used by public works or some other city entity. Can that be the case or does public works transfer over to the new 700Mhz P25 network that the county/city public safety uses since the city is paying rent (I Assume) on the countys P25 system? What are the chances of that being the case? Im just curious if they kept their old analog repeaters to use for other municipal workers after they made sure the countys system wasnt gonna fail for them.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
They could be planing on using them for fire tone out, simulcasting from the TRS, or it could be just someone keying up the repeaters to see if they still work. Just keep monitoring them for a while and see what happens. There’s no telling.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"Calm down, it's just a radio.”

Buttabean

They could be planing on using them for fire tone out, simulcasting from the TRS, or it could be just someone keying up the repeaters to see if they still work. Just keep monitoring them for a while and see what happens. There’s no telling.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"Calm down, it's just a radio.”
Well my father passed away at the ripe age of 90yo so im currently having to pack up and move from forest park ga and moving to hartwell ga to attend to my wifes grandpa so the chances of me discovering whats going on with morrows old public safety analog rptr have dropped tremendously but on the other hand im moving to an area that has NOT transitioned over to any type of digital radio systems yet so monitoring with any scanner thats 134-174 & 400-480MHz capable will work IF its narrowband capable. My whistler WS1025 is obviously not capable because it wouldnt accept the medical dispatch frtequency for hart county ga BUT my Baofengs have accepted it and the TRX-1 will work but thats not a base unit so the search for the perfect base unit continues. But i will be visiting the area occasionally and will monitor 154.0700MHz when in the area to try and see if i can determine what its being used for. I doubt fire tone out is it due to everything they have on the Phase2 system they rent but ive been wrong before so...who knows. Time will tell. Their public works shouldnt need interop capable radios i would think so hopefully im right.

Status
Not open for further replies.