Grundy Co Starcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Been a lot of key ups on the Grundy Co Starcom system Morris Tower today. I believe they have a Feb 1st switch over date

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
These key ups on Grundy, are they on there present system , or T125, or T113....They have not converted T125 to T113 as is to happen...Yesterday "Wed" Motorola I believed moved the main guts of T113 from Elwood to Plainfield as they shut down T113 for a half hour as was the plan...Today I traveled to Morris from Joliet and taking RT6 I could see many places where I lost the CC on T113 during the trip...

lu81fitter

With more and more of the systems moving to simulcast, they will be increasingly difficult to monitor. Hmmm. Why would they use that tower for the Will County system? Wouldn't that reduce the coverage area? Aren't simulcast systems lower power?

nick223

Feed Provider
Yeah i was up in the Naperville area today and monitoring T113 simulcast the audio was garbage on my uniden 996p2.

Maybe they are turning T125 to a T113 simulcast because Grundy goes Mutual aid alot into Wescom departments? Im not sure just throwing that out there.

Not sure the Power range but they have a 35 mile radius according to radio reference.

lu81fitter

Agreed, I monitor that system when I'm up that way, also, on the same radio, and it is terrible. I can pick up the Morris tower down by Streator when I'm along my route. I'm sure that will definitely change if it goes to simulcast. That 35 mile figure is with the tower operating as a stand-alone site, not simulcast. If Seneca wants to join in with Grundy County, that will probably require another tower somewhere out there if they go simulcast. It sure won't be pretty for mobile monitoring.

nick223

Feed Provider
Agreed, I monitor that system when I'm up that way, also, on the same radio, and it is terrible. I can pick up the Morris tower down by Streator when I'm along my route. I'm sure that will definitely change if it goes to simulcast. That 35 mile figure is with the tower operating as a stand-alone site, not simulcast. If Seneca wants to join in with Grundy County, that will probably require another tower somewhere out there if they go simulcast. It sure won't be pretty for mobile monitoring.

Seneca will have a Starcom Tower its all setup just waiting on AT&T to hook up the phone lines. Its on the Tower just North of town on E29th on the hill

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
T113 will have about 18 sites, it already has 11 and adding the Seneca tower and T125 for the new Grundy system....The Will Co EFJohnson system is on its own and terrible dropouts so far....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
T113 does not carry north (Naperville), after PLFD you pick up tower 126-Aurora or T101-Dupage, that the fun or torment of this system....No CC, no signal, ....When driving around Joliet there are many dead spots , going east you pick up tower 102-CH HTS.....

MikeyC

So the 5- 800 mhz freqs on T-125 will change to the 12- 700 mhz freqs that are now on T-113 ?

I've heard Ameren multiple times on the Grundy County site so I would hope they're rolling the 800 MHz channels into 113 or making a separate 800 MHz site in the area?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing that the time line now is Mar1.....still need more equipment moved in....

nick223

Feed Provider
Picking up alot on T125 TG 9005 and 9006 Chicago metro A&B today. Not sure if someone is affiliated to the site or if this is the new tower settings

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it seems that when the tollway people get far west on I88 it is heard on T125 for now.....Last week when we had a ice storm and over 100 accidents with Joliet, Wescom and now Grundy populating T113 there were many "overloads" which is going to bring Phase II closer to being used on those systems....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
SEEing on the il-grants two modified licenses today for T113, one now has Phase II designate in last row and some new freqys on the second, WRAQ940-941....

Status
Not open for further replies.