Greenwood, SC Info requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwdscanfan

Hi all !
In Dec '17 Greenwood city PD and the Sheriff disappeared from analog but only the Sheriff appeared on P25.
Does anyone know where I can find the city PD ?

Thanks,
Gwdscanfan

troymail

Silent Key
Hi all !
In Dec '17 Greenwood city PD and the Sheriff disappeared from analog but only the Sheriff appeared on P25.

Thanks,
Gwdscanfan

When you say P25, do you mean the Sheriff went to Palmetto P25?

Have you tried running a wildcard or ID Search on the local site of Palmetto to see if any unidentified talkgroups appear?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Possibly changed tone use as they are narrowbanded? Do a tone search on the GPD freqs. and you may find them again, or keep a wildcard search on the Palmetto.

Gwdscanfan

I tried narrow with no results. I don't know how to set up a wildcard search for the P25. I have a BCD996P2, running ARC-XT software. Some help Please!!!!!

Gwdscanfan

Thanks Mike,
I have yet to hear anything on this freq since early December, not even a sq break. I could have been sim cast. But I would rather get the new freqs. The weird part is that nothing shows up in Radio Reference.
Bill

jwb123

Hi all !

Thanks,
Gwdscanfan
I have the same unit and have no clue where to get started. I have sought help with the local Ham Radio chapter and they have a meeting Tues 13th and will ask if anyone can help me program the new freq's in !! I will let you know what happens.

Gwdscanfan

Thank you,
I'm pretty sure that they are now using Palmetto (P25) trunking system as is the GCSD. They use the same radio shop and the city and county normally do things together. They both disappeared from the conventional systems on the same day.

Bill

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
The radioreference database depends on local listeners (like you) to submit information when changes like this occur. We have very few talkgroups listed for Greenwood County at this time and none listed for Greenwood PD. If you are in the Greenwood area and have a digital trunk-tracking scanner capable of monitoring the Palmetto P25 system. please use a wildcard (RadioShack/Whistler radios) or ID Search (Uniden radios) to discover active but not yet identified talkgroups on the Greenwood site. I think it's reasonable to assume that any talkgroups you hear i nthe 445xx-449xx range are being used by agencies in Greenwood County.

If you're waiting for the RadioReference database to magically be updated with information for your specific area, you may be missing out on a lot of radio activity.

To submit, use the "Submit" button at the top of any county or Trunked radio system database page on this site. Or post it here to the forums. Part of the fun of the hobby is discovering new information when a change like this occurs.

shajoe44

While travelling home today from Clemson to North Augusta I came thru Greenwood County. I ran my Pro96Comm program all the way and only two talkgroups that I picked up that had no identification associated with them was 44673 and 44851. You can start monitoring these 2 and see what type agency you hear talking on them.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
greenwood

What sites on the Pal P25 system are they on? I cant find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.