Illegal motorola mototrbo system

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4JLR

Can anyone confirm that the White County Georgia Moto Trbo public safety system was bought with federal goverment grants or not?

If so this violated Federal grant guidelines system should have been p25.

Have at it folks.

Last edited:

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
It's public information. Go find out. Either way, do you think they'll remove it?

952Media

P25

Non P25 compatible systems are allowed under certain circumstances. Here is the language straight from the Federal recommendations:

This guidance does not preclude funding of non-P25 equipment when there are compelling reasons for using other solutions. However, the first priority of federal funding (subject to the statutory authority of the grantor agency or the objectives of the grant program if the applicant is seeking Federal grant funding) for improving public safety communications is to provide basic, operable communications within a department with safety as the overriding consideration. Funding requests by agencies to replace or add radio equipment to an existing non-P25 system (i.e., procurement of new portables on an existing analog system) will be considered if there is an explanation as to how their radio selection will allow for improving interoperability or eventual migration to interoperable systems. Absent these compelling reasons, SAFECOM intends that P25 equipment will be preferred for LMR systems to which the standard applies.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
My thing is.. If it violated the "Federal Grant Guidelines System" then, what matters? It's a guideline, per the title anyway. Guidelines just guide.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
White county - mostly encrypted.

You mad, bro? ;-)

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
You didn't read the sticky post it's against RR rules to mention encryption.

You should re-read the sticky. It says you cannot make a negative post regarding that which shall not be mentioned. It appears that he stated a fact, and then asked a question. No negative comments about E in the post that I can find.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
You should re-read the sticky. It says you cannot make a negative post regarding that which shall not be mentioned. It appears that he stated a fact, and then asked a question. No negative comments about E in the post that I can find.

The key word in the sticky is "and". If it was "or" that would be different.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Oh my goodness..... I was just blending a little sarcasm with factual information. Put your hat back on....

There is plenty out there to monitor in the clear.

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm that the White County Georgia Moto Trbo public safety system was bought with federal goverment grants or not?

If so this violated Federal grant guidelines system should have been p25.

Have at it folks.

They used no Federal grant $ on that system. SPLOST and general funds. That was the case for 99.5% of the DMR systems in NE GA.

Status
Not open for further replies.