ARCXT: PRO verson - Killed my Scanner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has had the experience below and what you did to fix it.

I purchased the software (along with 3 other licenses I didn't order but was charged for, another story), I downloaded the file from my BCD15XT made the frequency changes and uploaded back to the scanner. Since then the scanner is not receiving. I have tried reloading the scanner, recreating many test files both by hand and using RR. I connected a different working antenna and notta, nothing not even squelch noise. The scanner was working perfect before it was touched by this software,

Any help would be appreciated as the radio is deeply mounted in my vehicle and I would rather not have to replace it.

Thanks Everyone!!

Rich Gaun

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I use ARC-XT PRO (as well as others) with my 15X, 996XT and 996P2 and I've not had any problems with it.

There was some discussion in another thread about possible corruption in the RR database (extra characters), that could possibly have something to do with the problem you're experiencing.

It's very unlikely ARC-XT PRO 'killed' your scanner.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have used Butel software for many years with only a few little problems, none of which prevented uploading to or using the scanner.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Try a master reset. Turn it off. Hold down 2, 9 and HOLD while turning the scanner on. This will also clear the programming. I suggest using FreeScan, I have never had any issues with it.

Thanks I'll give it a try. I have never had any issues with Freescan either, thanks why I was puzzled.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all of you who tried to help.

I reset the radio two times. First I then reprogramed using FreeScan no go , the second time I reprogramed it using ProScan again didn’t work. The scanner scans, it still produces the “Beeps” when hitting keys on the unit. I’m perplexed, I’ve been around and have had scanners (mostly Uniden) and 2 way radio for 45 years and have never had this type of issue. I guess I’ll have to replace the unit, YUCK…….LOL

Rich Gaun

wtp

could you try

putting in headphones or a set of computer speakers.
this will test the headphone jack as sometimes it causes the speaker to cut out.
and the usual fix is to put the plug in and out a couple of times.
do it with a continuous sound source like the NOAA weather on .

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
putting in headphones or a set of computer speakers.
this will test the headphone jack as sometimes it causes the speaker to cut out.
and the usual fix is to put the plug in and out a couple of times.
do it with a continuous sound source like the NOAA weather on .

Thanks for the feedback. It is hooked up to an external speaker as the mounting in the vehicle coved the internal speaker. i did program the Phx NOAA into my test files and the scanner is not receiving that. I have checed all the antenna stuff including using a completely different antenna with no luck. I'll try your fix and anything else folks think might work.

Thanks again

Rich

wtp

yep

i have found that the main reason it cuts out is by using the jack.
i know it sounds backward to use it more to clear it up, but it works !
i have even used the tip of my shoelace to do this.
there is a piece of metal that the plug pushes apart and the sound goes to the head phones and has to go back and make a good contact to send it to the speaker.
a little corrosion or a speck of dust and it cuts out.

i am still hoping it is the cheap fix.

RBMTS

Just out of curiosity did you try programming a frequency or NOAA manually (via the key panel) after a full reset? You seem to imply that you are always uploading from a program and I'm wondering if maybe the scanner is getting some errant data. Try doing it manually to see if that might work instead.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Just out of curiosity did you try programming a frequency or NOAA manually (via the key panel) after a full reset? You seem to imply that you are always uploading from a program and I'm wondering if maybe the scanner is getting some errant data. Try doing it manually to see if that might work instead.

Hey Randy,

I'll give this a try as well, dam good idea I should have thought of that. I'll let you know how it works. I'll need to look up how to do that. I guess even in my old age I've become computer dependent... LOL

Ubbe

nothing not even squelch noise.

You should always have squelch noise when you open squelch on an analog conventional channel without any tone squelch.

Push hold to stop scanning and enter any frequency, like 165.0 and then push hold again and open squelch.
If you hear no noise then there must be a hardware problem of some sort. Try listening from the earphone jack.

/Ubbe

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
You should always have squelch noise when you open squelch on an analog conventional channel without any tone squelch.

Push hold to stop scanning and enter any frequency, like 165.0 and then push hold again and open squelch.
If you hear no noise then there must be a hardware problem of some sort. Try listening from the earphone jack.

/Ubbe

Hey all,

I reset the scanner and entered the NOAA freqs from our area. Nutin, same thing it has been doing, does not even stop on the frequency. And when I set it to the frequency w/o scan nutin as well. So it's not hearing signals at all. So, I'm at the point that it's really fried.

Thanks everyone for your help !!! I appreciate it !!

Rich Gaun

Status
Not open for further replies.