Ohio Fish and Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I often drive from Fairborn Ohio to Huber on Chambersburg Rd where I pass WPAFB, the old Skyborn Drive in, and the Rainbow Pay Lake fish camp. There is a bridge just before the Rainbow Lake and I sometimes see a green Jeep or SUV with a yellow state seal on the door. I suspect they are Fish and Game wardens checking people under the bridge for fishing licenses, Where can I find Fish and Game frequencies for my area? I have searched the RR database but maybe I'm not doing it right, Anyone?

I am in Greene County, Ohio. Thanks

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I often drive from Fairborn Ohio to Huber on Chambersburg Rd where I pass WPAFB, the old Skyborn Drive in, and the Rainbow Pay Lake fish camp. There is a bridge just before the Rainbow Lake and I sometimes see a green Jeep or SUV with a yellow state seal on the door. I suspect they are Fish and Game wardens checking people under the bridge for fishing licenses, Where can I find Fish and Game frequencies for my area? I have searched the RR database but maybe I'm not doing it right, Anyone?

OhioDNR is using the MARCS-IP P25 statewide trunked system. The ODNR talkgroups are almost always encrypted. Thus, even if you do program in the relevant sites / talkgroups of the MARCS-IP system for your area, the likelihood of regularly hearing ODNR is pretty slim.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6643

Mike

phask

Premium Subscriber
Ohio does not have "Fish and Game" we have Ohio Dept. of Natural Resources - Wildlife Officers. :) (not to be confused with ODNR Park Rangers).

FWIW - many are also deputized or whatever the term is as Deputy Sheriffs in their assigned county.

And 99% of the time, encrypted.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Well so much for that hah. Yes, I knew where to look, but it helps to know what they are called here. Thanks. That encryption is definitely a buzzkill.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Wildlife Officers are not deputized, they are law enforcement officers under Ohio law and have authority anywhere in the state.

Ohio Revised Code 2901.01 (11) "Law enforcement officer" means any of the following:

(a) A sheriff, deputy sheriff, constable, police officer of a township or joint police district, marshal, deputy marshal, municipal police officer, member of a police force employed by a metropolitan housing authority under division (D) of section 3735.31 of the Revised Code, or state highway patrol trooper;

(b) An officer, agent, or employee of the state or any of its agencies, instrumentalities, or political subdivisions, upon whom, by statute, a duty to conserve the peace or to enforce all or certain laws is imposed and the authority to arrest violators is conferred, within the limits of that statutory duty and authority.

Last edited:

sbhnutts570

Premium Subscriber
I too am also looking to hear Odnr Park Rangers patrolling Nimisila Lake and Portage Lakes, any channels here? How about Muskigam Water shed too.

bill280

Premium Subscriber
Nimisila lake is now part of Summit Co. Metro Parks and is patrolled by Metro Park rangers. Metro rangers use Summit Co. 800 system.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I too am also looking to hear Odnr Park Rangers patrolling Nimisila Lake and Portage Lakes, any channels here? How about Muskigam Water shed too.

Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District Talkgroups - on MARCS-IP

Talkgroups are in the database

sopranosno1

Been hearing this weekend more in the clear from odnr. Be nice they would talk more in the clear.all this paranoia crap they think everyone has a scanner and are commiting crimes around parks lakes etc.there not that important enough to encrypt in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.