Assitance or tips getting a YAGI antenna for listing to simulcast system on 774MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

jl2s

I am using 2 RTL-SDR(dot)com v3 USB dongles with a Discone antenna.

I want to listen to Cook County Simulcast (Located in the Chicago Area)
Here's a Link to the radio site.

The control channel is 774.343750 MHz

Since the site is simulcast, I get poor decodes.
Using Unitrunker and DSD+ fastlane

My signal fluctuates constantly. I want to try to get a cheap YAGI and see if I notice an improvement.

So.... How do I search ebay for a a cheap yagi that will work in the range of 775 MHz?

Right now I'm just searching YAGI Antenna and looking one by one for a frequency range. But is there any keyword to use?

Will this Antenna be any good?

teufler

antenna will work fine. you will need to rotate to best reception. The closet tower may not be the best, example the closest may have another tower behind it and the beam will pick up both towers. If you can locate a map of tower locations, looking at that map will give you an idea what direction to point. Have to add coax to the antenna. Ebay has a listing for so-239 to sma. Thats where I got my additional coax.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Antenna

There is also the possibility that you are getting too much signal and less antenna will be the solution. Even with a directional antenna, signals can be received from the side or even the back. As suggested, know your tower locations before going to a lot of work and expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.