• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MTSX and the 220 MHz band

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GSP

I want to preface this by saying this is not a software request..

I have recently acquired an MT2000 that's been modded for the 220 band, the individual I got it from had no information about it. When I fired up the computer to check it out, I was met with the Codeplug Too New error while using version R06.08.00. I believe this was most likely the last official release of mtsx rss so that leads me to believe there was some hex editing of maybe the MDF file or something along those lines. Anyone out there care to take a stab at what's needed to read and write to this radio?

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Correct me if I'm wrong but did you say rss? I want to say that they came out with CPS for that radio awhile back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC2GSP

There's a very possible chance the radio could have been an MOF230 now that I do more investigating. If that is the case then I will certainly need to use Wookie to program it. The radio was probably re cased into an mt2000 chassis

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Mod to 222 MHz

Several years ago at Dayton I was eating lunch at a table with some Motorola employees that had radios modded to the 222 band. This was an in house project based on what they said, although I have seen a couple on ebay.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Motorola produced a 220MHz Jedi portable called the MOF230 for a foreign market. One of their North American engineers had one he had programmed up with a bunch of different repeater pairs.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
MOF230’s are quirky radios with even quirkier software. Better off with a 220mhz HT1250 or CDM1550 if you are wanting /\/\ 220 Gear.

KC2GSP

I've actually got a cdm1550 and ht1250 for 220. The only reason I took on this mystery radio was because it was packaged as an mt2000 which would have been great. Had I known it was an MOF just inside an mt2000 housing, I probably would have passed it by but oh well. Still interesting nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.