Blocking Tone-Out's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc2142

Feed Provider
So ive got TwoToneDetect, And earlier last month i started to notice i was not getting alerts anymore, Come to find out that when a tone goes out, It immediately gets cut, Then after the tone has completed normal radio traffic resumes. Is this happening else where also? The last record page i have from TwoToneDetect was 01/15/2018 Audio file attached of the tone being blocked. Please note that the Ambulance copied the page.

Audio https://soundcloud.com/chipsc/tone-cut/s-74gGk

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
If you are using a microphone port on a computer for TwoToneDetect, then it might be some type of noise suppression setting on the computer that is doing it. You should check your computer's sound settings and verify that this setting is not turned on.

sc2142

Feed Provider
If you are using a microphone port on a computer for TwoToneDetect, then it might be some type of noise suppression setting on the computer that is doing it. You should check your computer's sound settings and verify that this setting is not turned on.

Just tested this on my RS PRO 405, The tone went through. On my main scanner that i'm having issues with, I am using a microphone port, I've also got the audio quality bumped up to (2 Channel, 24 Bit, 192000 Hz (Studio Quality)), However that should not be the issue as it was working in the past with that setting, I will however restore defaults and see if that fixes my issue. As for the noise suppression, I'm not too sure on where i would find that setting.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Just tested this on my RS PRO 405, The tone went through.

Is that with TwoToneDetect or just listening to it? Can you hear the tones on your main scanner's speaker?

As for the noise suppression, I'm not too sure on where i would find that setting.

If you are on a Windows computer, go to Control Panel > Hardward and Sound. There is likely some 3rd party audio control panel towards the bottom depending on sound device you have on the computer. Find to the microphone settings and turn off anything with the the keywords: suppression, reduction, and cancellation.

If there is none, you can try to checking the default Sound settings (found in the same Hardware and Sound menu) and looking at your Recording device for any "enhancements" that it might be using.

sc2142

Feed Provider
Is that with TwoToneDetect or just listening to it? Can you hear the tones on your main scanner's speaker?.

It is through the scanners speak correct.

EDIT: I reset the audio settings, and the tones are still getting cut (listening through the stream itself) I will listen through the scanners speak and see if it still cuts. Im listening via the stream and as the dispatcher is talking its cutting out randomly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.