EOF Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -

At some point on Friday, our host provider made a change by increasing the SSL protocol and disabling the older SSL protocol. This resulted with the EOF error customers have reported.

This weekend we rebuilt the Whistler pc apps with a new compiler.

You will need to download the EZ Scan programming software and run it before you can check for new updates.
Once the Installers have been tested a bit more, they will be placed on the Whistler Group web site for download.

We will make a new post when the Installers have been placed on the whistlergroup.com website.

Thanks!
WW

zwc

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -

At some point on Friday, our host provider made a change by increasing the SSL protocol and disabling the older SSL protocol. This resulted with the EOF error customers have reported.

This weekend we rebuilt the Whistler pc apps with a new compiler.

You will need to download the EZ Scan programming software and run it before you can check for new updates.
Once the Installers have been tested a bit more, they will be placed on the Whistler Group web site for download.

We will make a new post when the Installers have been placed on the whistlergroup.com website.

Thanks!
WW

Thanks for the update. Will check back later this afternoon.
-ZWC

zwc

Premium Subscriber
V3.7 was the last posted version of ez scan that didn't work with the new SSL. I would expect they will post the new file with an updated version number.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Just got a new TRX-1, hopefully this is fixed soon so i can use it. Any idea how long it should be?, would love to get this thing updated and programmed.

Last edited:

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Why not take down the non functional version of ezscan until you put up a working version?

Last edited:

zwc

Premium Subscriber
The Download page for EZ SCAN indicates version V3.7, but if you download it it's actually V3.10.

It doesn't work either. I believe the reworked version is being evaluated and will be posted when it's checked out.

-ZWC

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
My guess is that page is out of date, the download file shows it still as 3.10.0.543. Hope this gets updated fairly soon, would love to be able to use my new scanner.

Last edited:

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Thing is i can not pull down the latest RR database, and i want to NXDN scan with it as my area has a big NXDN system witch needs the other updates.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
In any case they need to fix it and soon since it's a large part of the functionality of their latest scanners.

Why did they allow the extra/different security to be implemented without going over all the services it may impact? Roll back the security for now sorry their customers can use their products they paid for. Then, test and work out how to impliment the extra/different security. Package the correct and working updates into their latest software packages then after a week or two, apply the extra/different security.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ratpatrol

The product owner may not have realized it would cause these issues. I do not understand how a file download could be affected by this security patch but it has. It is good to see Whistler using Agile methodologies in its software development but it now will add additional rigor and discipline in its QA program.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Over my forty plus years of computer experience, I have seen everything from small glitches to trashed systems with an upgrade that was not tested thoroughly. Norton, Apple, Microsoft, and even Linux are just a small sample of those that have had their bad days. It makes you wonder about other clients of the provider that use different services and how they are doing.

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Because you can still use it to program the scanner

If you already have the scanner and have been scanning there is a high probability you already have a version of ezscan on your computer. BUT if you just bought the scanner, you will not be able to download the Radioreference database, So for some it makes their new scanner useless.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
If you already have the scanner and have been scanning there is a high probability you already have a version of ezscan on your computer. BUT if you just bought the scanner, you will not be able to download the Radioreference database, So for some it makes their new scanner useless.

Witch the case i am in, i have a TRX-2 but had it's software uninstalled due to a recent reformat. And i just got my new TRX-1 yesterday.

troymail

Silent Key

No - not useless. It serves as an excellent time for new users to learn how the radio works to include manual programming....not optimal but it also doesn't mean the radio is useless by any means.

Automation is making people stupid. People can't drive these days without a GPS and then they use them to drive into bodies of water because the GPS told them to...

Status
Not open for further replies.