Need Guidance with Programming for Work Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkotine

Premium Subscriber
Our scanners came in today for NTE and I want to make sure I program these things as optimal as possible.

We are wanting to scan the following:

FWFD Dispatch
Haltom City Fire/Police
NRH Fire/Police
Hurst Fire/Police
Bedford Fire/Police

I am a total newb at these things and I guess I am confused. Can I use Tarrant County Layer 1 for FWFD/Haltom/NRH/Bedford? Or do I have to use Northeast Tarrant? I included my freescan file for anyone who has the time to look. As always would greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

• NTE.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 14

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Yes sir, sorry I should have put "Site 3".
That 'layer' versus 'site' trips up a lot of folks. Of course, on the database page, some agencies are specified as being on 'Layer 2' or 'Layer 1', instead of "Use Site 2" (or 1, whichever applies).

While I know we're talking sites, not layers, I tend to think of them as layers, such as the "Grand Prairie" or "Irving" layer, when programming my scanners.

jasday

I do the same as well, I just forgot that I was trying to help someone else instead of myself. Made sense in my head lol.

BenScan

Premium Subscriber
You've go the right idea, but the file needs some tweaks. I sent you a PM.

Our scanners came in today for NTE and I want to make sure I program these things as optimal as possible.

We are wanting to scan the following:

FWFD Dispatch
Haltom City Fire/Police
NRH Fire/Police
Hurst Fire/Police
Bedford Fire/Police

I am a total newb at these things and I guess I am confused. Can I use Tarrant County Layer 1 for FWFD/Haltom/NRH/Bedford? Or do I have to use Northeast Tarrant? I included my freescan file for anyone who has the time to look. As always would greatly appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.