Feed port mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0czi

Greetings -

I'm looking for some detail regarding TCP/UDP ports that are necessary to permit a feed to connect. I've searched these forums, and the forums looking for documentation on what ports are required. I had to upgrade some infrastructure, and now must specifically permit the traffic outbound. I provide two feeds, using RadioFeed. I cannot leverage uPnP, nor can I provision a permit any all.

Any help appreciated...so I can get these two back online.

n0nhp

As the audio is only outbound, you do not have to open any ports in your firewall to feed.

If you are doing private feeds and want to be able to control your scanner as with ProScan, then you will have to open some inbound ports.

Your Broadcastify - Manage Feed page will have the ports you need to tell RadioFeed to connect to Broadcastify's server. If you have been down long enough the page is missing, you will have to re-apply for your feeds.

Bruce

kc0czi

Thanks.

The manage feed page calls out that the port is 80 (for both feeds). Port 80 is permitted outbound. Still no joy.

Unlike typical consumer firewalls - which permit anything unless specifically denied, my firewall is absolutely the opposite. Deny anything that isn't explicitly permitted. I am very familiar with how it works, how to provision the permissive rules, but I've not been able to locate any documentation regarding the spec of the server software and the ports it actually uses to establish and maintain the connection.

jbeen

Feed Provider
Hello.

What audio server is your feed(s) linked to?

IE, audio1.broadcastify.com (67.228.177.149), audio2.broadcastify.com (174.37.61.88), audio3.broadcastify.com (174.36.1.86), etc.

Do a lookup of the audio hostname, then setup a firewall rule to allow port 80 to that IP address.

If that doesn't work, could you briefly give your computer a public IP address and see if you can connect to Broadcastify to bypass the firewall and determine if that's the issue and not something else?

Regards,
Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.