Morris County P25 - Parsippany FD Switching to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
FYI:
Just received a submission for:
Parsippany/Troy-Hills FD starting on or about Feb. 18th will be using:
Fire Response 7
(for approx. 18 months while Parsippany makes updates to its radio system.)
Info has been added to the DB.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Are they being dispatched by County or by Parsippany PD ?

Why not just use their FG-1 or FG-6 repeater while they make repairs to each one ?

Is EMS staying on their conventional repeater ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber

Why not just use their FG-1 or FG-6 repeater while they make repairs to each one ?

All good questions.
Information is from a submission I recently processed.
However, I can’t possibly answer them due to the fact I don’t have any contacts inside Parsippany-Troy Hills FD (EMS , PD) to know their inner workings or planning for those details.
I’ll ask our members who might be on their FD or who are in that area to provide those details if possible as a post or additional DB submission.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Ok copy. I know there was a big to do about any agencies using the County TRS being dispatched by the County. When Cedar Knolls/Whippany Fire switched to Fire Resp 6 they left Hanover Twp PD Dispatch. PD still answers 911 PSAP but transfers to County for Fire/EMS. Just trying to see what Parsippany is doing.

Murenovich

Not the Flatlands, Not the Mountains in NJ
County will be dispatching them for the time being. I do believe its going to be the same type of situation that Cedar Knolls/Whippany have in place where they will be taking the 911 and pass it off to county.

They are upgrading their entire system it has many many issues and has for a long time. If you listen late at night around midnight it starts making all kids of strange noises and all kinds of random squelch.

Unknown exactly what upgrades are being made but i know they have been having issues on the FD & EMS side for a long time so these repairs have been a long time coming.

Imaginos

Premium Subscriber

THe FG channels are on the same repeaters I believe. The repeaters are pretty shot. They tend to stick open with static. FOrm what i heard they are so out of date that replacement is the only viable option.

EMS is going to EMS response 5 I believe
Police are staying where they are with Parsippany still dispatching them.
I beleive 911 will still go to Parsippany PD with the calls getting transfered to County for Fire & EMS
FG 2-5 will stay in place will remian for line of site comms at scenes, Im hearing Dist 6 will retain FG6

I would also wouldn't hold my breath for that cut over date. There has been delays in getting the radios and finalizing some of the dispatch protocols

Imaginos

Premium Subscriber
THe FG channels are on the same repeaters I believe. The repeaters are pretty shot. They tend to stick open with static. FOrm what i heard they are so out of date that replacement is the only viable option.

EMS is going to EMS response 5 I believe
Police are staying where they are with Parsippany still dispatching them.
I beleive 911 will still go to Parsippany PD with the calls getting transfered to County for Fire & EMS
FG 2-5 will stay in place will remian for line of site comms at scenes, Im hearing Dist 6 will retain FG6

I would also wouldn't hold my breath for that cut over date. There has been delays in getting the radios and finalizing some of the dispatch protocols

Update / Corrections:
EMS is moving to EMS Response 4
Go live is pushed back until at least the 26th
FG1 is likely to go to simplex, FG 6 is owned by dist 6 and is on thier own repeater not sure what if any changes will happen there

NotATechGuy

NotAMember
Premium Subscriber
THe FG channels are on the same repeaters I believe.

Just FYI, that's not possible with their setup. However the FG1 repeater might be using the same equipment as the dispatch repeater in some fashion, it's probably on the same rack, and if they need to do an overhaul of the whole thing it might take the FG1 repeater down even though it might be fine. So they will likely go simplex like the other firegrounds.

Coolant113

Parsippany will be moving over on February 26th. From what I understand the county has yet to start programming all the existing radios and the town is still waiting to receive a bunch of the radios.

In regards to EMS Response 5, that channel is exclusively reserved for County OEM BLS operations, as well as the MAB bus. There is the talk of the county buying more BLS units and putting more into service on a daily basis. There will never be a municipality utilizing this channel.

It is interesting to note, however, that the county is not putting Parsippany FD on FD Response 6, as Hanover is the sole user of that channel. Maybe due to Parsippany having so many districts and the anticipation of so much radio traffic.

The remaining unknown question is what channel Parsippany Rescue and Recovery will be using, either EMS Response 4 or FD Response 7.

NJFireD1

Rescue and recovery will be on EMS response 4

Parsippany will be moving over on February 26th. From what I understand the county has yet to start programming all the existing radios and the town is still waiting to receive a bunch of the radios.

In regards to EMS Response 5, that channel is exclusively reserved for County OEM BLS operations, as well as the MAB bus. There is the talk of the county buying more BLS units and putting more into service on a daily basis. There will never be a municipality utilizing this channel.

It is interesting to note, however, that the county is not putting Parsippany FD on FD Response 6, as Hanover is the sole user of that channel. Maybe due to Parsippany having so many districts and the anticipation of so much radio traffic.

The remaining unknown question is what channel Parsippany Rescue and Recovery will be using, either EMS Response 4 or FD Response 7.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Can someone explain Rescue and Recovery to me ? FD doesn’t do extrication ?

NJFireD1

Most of the Parsippany Fire Departments now do extrication but not all. R&R was started at a time when they didn't do extrication. They also have a dive team, assist with other rescues specialties and perform other services like board ups.

Can someone explain Rescue and Recovery to me ? FD doesn’t do extrication ?

NJFireD1

The official go live on County for all Parsippany Fire and EMS is Tuesday 2/27/18 at 10am.

S

scanner1man

Morris County P25- Parsippany FD Switching to County Dispatch

Just heard Morris County dispatch District #3,Lake Parsippany to a call

Status
Not open for further replies.